B29 TIE FIGHTER

SCRATCH BUILDER

So i have person over at the Art Station web site and they do some pretty cool drawings and he had one of a B29 Tie Fighter and thought it would be cool to do this in 3D.

So here is the 3D work and now I am of to the printers!, I do have the engines for a B24 kit i hope to use. :piliot:

VQbvG8U.jpg

8h5ep2z.jpg

7zWYHXP.jpg

Edited by SCRATCH BUILDER

Given almost no lifting surfaces, it must use anti-gravity for lift... or maybe Edgar Rice Burrough's liftwood or unicorn droppings?

No matter what, this is almost as cool as I can imagine, rivaled only by the Westland Hill Pterodactyl.

Tnarg

A bit of an update, I have about 95% of the items printed, just some small bits to do, at the moment my brain is fighting with my attention span on weather or not to do a cockpit, for now i am set on printing my bucks and pulling some clear plastic for the windows. Almost forgot, I know i should have a 4 prop blade but i had an old 1/48 B24 sitting around so I'm using that.

ApVV1cW.jpg

65Dx5xH.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2021 at 10:45 AM, SCRATCH BUILDER said:

A bit of an update, I have about 95% of the items printed, just some small bits to do, at the moment my brain is fighting with my attention span on weather or not to do a cockpit, for now i am set on printing my bucks and pulling some clear plastic for the windows. Almost forgot, I know i should have a 4 prop blade but i had an old 1/48 B24 sitting around so I'm using that.

ApVV1cW.jpg

65Dx5xH.jpg

Hey Rick... any updates on this?   Amazing attention to detail.

I'm designing a model rocket of this same design.  Any chance you'll be selling any of the printed parts?

https://www.rocketryforum.com/threads/lakeroadsters-sci-fi-b-29.164207/#post-2098985

2 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

Funny. This is the first thing that jumped to my mind as well! :rolleyes:

I will get that worked out, i have an idea which i think will look cool, remember this is just for fun!, Besides it only took me a day to design it all up and after printing i may have to re-think a few things, plus i think i will scale this down 50% (wife says where the hell are going to put that):wacko: