F-22

roro

Aside from the bad fit and gaps. How’s the outlines of the old Testors kit?   I built one years ago, hung it from the boys bedroom ceiling until the wife remodeled and it got put in a pile in my workshop. 

Now that my skills have improved since I built it 20 years ago, thought about doing another one, but this time with gear down.  

2 hours ago, ScottsGT said:

Aside from the bad fit and gaps. How’s the outlines of the old Testors kit?   I built one years ago, hung it from the boys bedroom ceiling until the wife remodeled and it got put in a pile in my workshop. 

Now that my skills have improved since I built it 20 years ago, thought about doing another one, but this time with gear down.  

The old Testors kit is of the YF-22A, which is quite different than the production F-22.

19 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

When someone decides to do one.  Honestly, it’s a bit of a risk for a company since it’s a large plane, is only used by one country, and only appears in one paint scheme.  A company isn’t going to be able to leverage the mold into multiple boxings.

Well,the F-35 isn't much different,isn't it?Although many users,painted like Ford T-monochrome ;)..actually most modern planes painted like this-boring grey

There is a toy that was made by "Motor Max" that scales well to 1/32.  It was available at WalMart years ago and I think you can still get it at Amazon or eBay.

The current version has a canopy that is messed up and it would take a ton of filler to get a good model out of it.  The version I have is an older one where the canopy is correctly sized.  One day I will finish it as a desk model for an "in flight" display.  The landing gear is horribly inaccurate.

I do wish for a good one from...Tamiya!!!

Here is one:   Looks like Richmond Toys makes it now in blue.  The dimensions are decent and length overall is right on 1/32.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Richmond-Toys-New-Battle-Zone-F-22-Raptor-Fighter-Jet-Play-Set/138591651?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=916

Edited by KUROK