Quick unboxing of the New Italeri Tonka GR.4

Eagle Driver

I have mine, and I still think it's hugely overpriced for what it is. It's competing with the likes of Tamiya at the price point they've put it and it's not even close.

Far too much flash for this kind of price bracket in my opinion. 

5 hours ago, Subodai said:

I have mine, and I still think it's hugely overpriced for what it is. It's competing with the likes of Tamiya at the price point they've put it and it's not even close.

Far too much flash for this kind of price bracket in my opinion. 

I got mine for $100 precisely. I don't think it is a bad price. But I've seen it for as much as $155 online.

1 hour ago, Dave Williams said:

That’s not flash, it’s a mold parting line.  The only flash I could find on my kit was a couple of very small bumps along the forward edge of the left side gun muzzle insert, and that’s after looking hard.

Well, you are correct, although where I am from, this is considered imperfection of the plastic molding process and goes under the same term - flash.

Ejection pin marks are round unwanted holes, flash is everything that you need to clean up and it is unwanted result from the molding process where machine touches its components.

But yes, if we are being punctual - you are absolutely correct.

Almost every kit has mold parting lines and ejection pin holes, even Tamiya kits.  Some are a little better, some are a lot worse, but they are still there and have to be cleaned up on anything that’s visible.

When most people think of flash, it’s a larger blob of flat plastic that flows outward from the mold parting lines instead of just the normal thin line.