LSP Group Build Calendar

BradG

1 hour ago, LSP_Ray said:

I missed the original discussion, but I would think it would still have to be atmospheric travel. SciFi part could mean the old Japanese scifi like the Valkyrie aircraft, or Luft 46 paper projects or similar or even modern X-planes or concept craft. Even the Battlestar Galactica prequel had an atmosphere-bound early Viper with forward swept wings. And in Star Wars, wouldn't the Speeder qualify? 

Yeh pretty much. The speeder is fine, it's 1/29 and recently reissued too.

Hi!

About the upcoming  VTOL BG, that means no Autogyros allowed (Cierva, "Little Nellie" etc.)?

If the Harrier allowed so should Autogyros, both needs a short starting run, but they can land vertically.

Stefan :beer:

Edited by Phantom2

37 minutes ago, Phantom2 said:

Hi!

About the upcoming  VTOL BG, that means no Autogyros allowed (Cierva, "Little Nellie" etc.)?

If the Harrier allowed so should Autogyros, both needs a short starting run, but they can land vertically.

Stefan :beer:

Sorry Stefan autogyros are out. As there is no power to the rotors they aren't really VTOL craft. While the Harrier does often use a short take off or ski jump, it is capable of direct vertical lift off.

8 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

Do you mean the 1/29 X-wing?  Think the biggest Snowspeeder is the 1/48 Bandai kit.

No, the original MTC(?) release from decades ago was larger than 1/32nd. I built one years ago.

4 hours ago, LSP_Ray said:

No, the original MTC(?) release from decades ago was larger than 1/32nd. I built one years ago.

I guess it was originally MPC and this says it was 1/22 scale.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/mpc-ertl-8914-luke-skywalkers-snowspeeder--139334

I remember the kit, but never thought the scale was that large.

Edited by Dave Williams

On 2/21/2024 at 5:16 PM, LSP_Ray said:

It was oddball. I usually use the included figure to estimate scale, but in this case the figure is so misshapen it is hard to tell.

It’s definitely around 1/20-1/22 scale. Tamiya F-1 drivers appear to fit quite well if the seats and floor of the kit are modified. The kit gnomes are best thrown away!

Didn’t know it was reissued. Any corrected parts for the interior by any chance?