Best Pilots for F-4J Phantom

USMC Herc

I love Reedoak/ Norborts great looking pilots. It is unfortunate that he has not produced any any sitting figures for the 70, 80, 90 Navy and Marine pilots. (He is currently in the works to get these figures produced).

Who has the best detailed pilots for the F-4E??

Thanks and Cheers,

Jason

Second the PJ and Master Details ones. I'm not sure who (if anyone?) stocks PJ for those of us in the US, I picked them up from Hannants (UK).

Aires/AeroBonus also makes F-4 pilots molded together with seats. They have a whole line of similar sets covering various aircraft providing seat/pilot together, although none of them come with the O2 masks on their faces unfortunately (well, it's unfortunate to me, others might prefer no mask on). For mask on though, PJ and MD have them.

Also the Tamiya F-4 comes with pilots included of course.

Many years ago a manufacturer had a set of 2 Phantom pilots. One climbing a ladder and one placing himself in the cockpit. Do anybody know where i can find this set?

Edited by RNoAF

1 hour ago, Gary Needham said:

"REHEAT MODELS" who are long OOP did a pair of (Resin) standing 1/32 1970's era F4 US Navy pilots along with separate flight bags if you can find them. I painted a pair up a few years ago and the detail for their age is excellent, as is the anatomy and their dimensions for this scale.

HTH

Gary

Reheat did two sets. A Navy and Air Force one. The Navy one with helmets was clearly better as the Air force set has heads with caps but with awful anatomical features. I'm remembering having changed the heads with some modified Verlinden German heads with caps! 

5 hours ago, Gary Needham said:

You are correct Thierry and the ones I had were the USN ones. They paint up really well and whilst not 'Reedoak' standard, the Navy ones were perfectly acceptable figures.

Gary

Indeed. Too bad the line totally disappeared in the limbos as there were some true gems among the Reheat references. 

14 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

Indeed. Too bad the line totally disappeared in the limbos as there were some true gems among the Reheat references. 

Indeed Thierry. I have their 120mm F-86 "MiG Alley" Sabre Pilot which in my humble opinion is one of the best jet pilot figures ever made in any scale and their 120mm Sr-71 / Shuttle pilot too. Reheat was a very underestimated and largely ignored range and I never understood why.

Gary

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/2/2020 at 11:54 PM, thierry laurent said:

I'll ask Mike the next time I see him, when we can restart out Wiltshire Scale Modellers monthly meets.... All stopped for the moment of course, while Covid stalks the land. Yes, there were some crackers amongst his range!