Jump to content

JetMads 1/32 Viggen


Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, panzerrob said:

Hi all,

I hope it is okay if I post several Viggen photo's here!

The photos were taken at Aviodroom in the Netherlands, were this aircraft is stored outside in the open.

As I said, the quality isn't great, but I hope you enjoyed them anyway!

 

With regards,

Rob

Photos are great, Rob!

These photos are ones you took, right? If so, can I grab them and create an entry on the website? We have a walkaround section. That way they would be easier to find then searching for them within the forums.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, LSP_Ray said:

Photos are great, Rob!

These photos are ones you took, right? If so, can I grab them and create an entry on the website? We have a walkaround section. That way they would be easier to find then searching for them within the forums.

 

 

Agreed Ray - one central (large) depository for all things Saab Viggen would be really useful - thanks.

 

Derek

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, red Dog said:

This is the only Viggen example I know that has open fuselage speed brakes. I have gone through all my archives to find another one, but none. Neither operational nor display aircraft, not a single one and that goes for all variants.

I remember having read somewhere that these were very rarely used and Saab even totally deactivated them on JA37s. 

Anyone to publish an operational Viggen image with those brakes open is sure to receive a few dozens of likes here :):)

 

Viggen_Aviodrome_2012_8.jpg

 

 

 

Edited by JMcD
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, red Dog said:

This landing gear well cover, too. Only the display aircraft have them open, no operational aircraft have them open when parked.

Again, anyone to povide opposite visual reference will be highly and loudly applauded :)

 

Viggen_Aviodrome_2012_3.jpg

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, the main landing gear doors could be opened for maintenance, of course, but I've never seen them open on parked operational aircraft (and I've looked at lots and lots of pics when I researched the Viggen for my build ...)

 

One thing with museum Viggens that always baffles me is the fact, that on most of them the arm/disarm lever of the ejection seat is in the "armed" position. When parked, it should of course be in the "disarmed" position.

 

Rainer

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Rainer Hoffmann said:

 

One thing with museum Viggens that always baffles me is the fact, that on most of them the arm/disarm lever of the ejection seat is in the "armed" position. When parked, it should of course be in the "disarmed" position.

 

Possibly because people like to sit in the cockpit and the arm (as it is designed to do) gets in the way! (being sued for accidental injury may also be a consideration?).

 

Derek

Link to post
Share on other sites

Would have thought the explosive charges for the seat would have been taken out for museum aircraft, so it doesn't matter which position the arm/disarm lever is in.

 

Oh, and I certainly wouldn't use that aircraft as a reference for matching colours...

Edited by jenshb
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Derek B said:

 

Possibly because people like to sit in the cockpit and the arm (as it is designed to do) gets in the way! (being sued for accidental injury may also be a consideration?).

 

Derek

 

Interesting idea, Derek. However, ingress is from the left, so there should be no real problem with injury??

 

1 hour ago, jenshb said:

Would have thought the explosive charges for the seat would have been taken out for museum aircraft, so it doesn't matter which position the arm/disarm lever is in.

 

 

Certainly the seat is without any explosives. But that is no excuse for putting the lever in the wrong position :coolio: :coolio:

 

Rainer

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...