Trumpeter 1:16 Jagdtiger

LSP_K2

5 hours ago, Rick Griewski said:

Any more progress?  

Not lately no. I've been distracted by some other chores here, but I'll be resuming work on it pretty soon. Thanks for asking.

2 hours ago, mustang1989 said:

Yeah.....inquiring minds wanna know.......zOT8yb

I seem to look at it every day, thinking about what comes next in the process.

• 3 months later...

OK, today is the "official" day of work resuming on this beast, so she's "back on the bench". I've delayed long enough; time to wrap up this puppy, hopefully by mid-May sometime, which should be very doable, then it'll be full-tilt on a 1:32 Bf 109G-14/AS.

bSc4B8.jpg

5 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

Having to reassess what still needs to be done, and in what order, is sort of a pain, but I'm working that out now.

Ah that is what post-it notes are for. I always leave a trail of task “bread crumbs” on the notes before I set a project aside.  Ramping back up is a piece of cake. 

18 minutes ago, Rick Griewski said:

Ah that is what post-it notes are for. I always leave a trail of task “bread crumbs” on the notes before I set a project aside.  Ramping back up is a piece of cake. 

I probably should have done that, Rick, but in this case I thought it would be a lot less time before I resumed the work, certainly not the five months it's proved to be. Anyway, I'm all over it now, and expect to show some real progress very soon.

New supplies for this beast (and other projects). I've already been putting the finishing touches of texture on the mantlet in the background, but still have a teeny bit of tweaking to do, and I'll be ready to declare it finished. I've also done some more minor work to the hull, by using the new surfacers. My old surfacer and dissolved putty, were getting pretty long n the tooth.

y9Xv0C.jpg

Found this last night, threw it in the trash today, then fetched it right back out to snatch some photos, now it goes back in the trash. It, as far as I know, is the only remaining remnant of my never finished conversion to a Jagdtiger, of the old Tamiya kit. The entire upper hull, all scratch built, was certainly here when I moved in, but I have no idea where it is now. Either way, the Trumpeter kit made the whole exercise rather pointless, as the Trumpeter kit is far superior anyway.

qjF9UF.jpg