Trumpeter 1:16 Jagdtiger

LSP_K2

I just got the word that our regional has been cancelled. No surprise really, and was pretty much expected. The good news is that the powers that be, have allowed us to roll the regional over to September 2021, and seems quite fitting to do so. Now I'll have gobs of time to finish this, along with perhaps another kit or two for that regional, which I now look anxiously forward to.

This was fun, sort of. I've decided the right side of the vehicle will be missing several of the mud guard pieces, so here I've carefully cut them apart. Some cleanup, pin marks filled, scrapes and dings added, and they'll be ready to rock. Right now I'm anticipating zero or perhaps one section left intact on the left side, but I still haven't made up my mind about that for sure.

A7cRLi.jpg

Light mounting plate has been nothing but a pain in the backside, and I somehow managed to snap off the gusset piece, which is fine with me, as completed assembly didn’t follow the plane of the upper hull anyway, and never would have. I’ll make a new gusset piece, once this assembly is thoroughly dry.

J9zbvK.jpg

17 minutes ago, chrish said:

NICE! that really does look like oxy-acet torch work...If I did it it would look a bit nastier (grinder and paint make me the welder I aint)

Thanks. The kit does have some texture there, so that when I add the gouges with the Dremel, it seems to compliment those quite a bit.

14 minutes ago, Iain said:

That looks brilliant Kevin!

Iain

Thanks very much, Iain, I having such fun with this, and so far am pleased with the results I'm getting.

Here I'm conducting some experiments with the telescope glass (using the portions that will be on the interior, and therefore never seen). To be honest, I don't really care for any of them, but the one in the middle does show a bit of promise.

zrPqgM.jpg

And finally, mufflers look good enough (at least to me) to attach, so I have. Still much to do to this particular piece, but I'm still plugging away, and will do the best I can. I'll probably pull those two short sections of quarter round on the lower hull side tops and redo that weld with some beefy solder, as Trumpeter left it completely bare, which it most certainly was not, so it really needs something.

hdLSxS.jpg

22 minutes ago, LSP_K2 said:

Here I'm conducting some experiments with the telescope glass (using the portions that will be on the interior, and therefore never seen). To be honest, I don't really care for any of them, but the one in the middle does show a bit of promise.

zrPqgM.jpg

So far the best representation I have seen is a varied green color, overlaid with the clear/prismatic iridescent cellophane you can get at Michael's or the like. Gives the changing color look from different directions that makes it look it really realistic.

Your tank is really coming along!