Revell Me262s - any aftermarket landing gear / cockpits planned?

nmayhew

hi guys,

just looking at the new(ish) revell Me262s...

I am familiar with what's around aftermarket-wise on Hannants, but are there any plans for landing gear or cockpit sets at all?

I see Eduard has Brassin wheels, and the Look instrument panels, but all the resin pits and wheel wells etc are for the Trumpy kits.

Looking at the parts breakdown, it appears Radu managed to lock the Revell crazies in a sealed room when the landing gear was designed, but if there are Eduard Brassin gear I'd probably bite.

I haven't followed Eduard's plans recently, so don't know if they have anything in the pipeline.

Cheers

Nick

There's Löök on the way for the Fw 190 and P-40 but just regular painted etch for the Me 262, so far. I've just bought an etched set for the Revell B. 

The Revell rendition of the LG wells / bottom of cockpit tub look pretty good to me. (The Trumpeter needed a major uplift.)  Brassin legs would be good. At the moment I am working out if the very sturdy metal Trumpeter LG legs may be fitted to Revell's

Tony 

1 hour ago, thierry laurent said:

Does that kit really needs more than a better IP, seat belts and resin wheels? 

Well it depends what you want doesn’t it?

Unless they suddenly got Tamiya or Wingnut Wings to do the tooling for the cockpit tub / wheel wells, then my answer would be yes.

It’s the underside of the tub I am interested in because it is so exposed - the real thing is a mass of wires and pipes but that’s understandably not what has been moulded.

I like Yahu too - used it on my Spitfire

there is a Look coming for the 262 btw

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/ED634015

some of the dials are definitely not clocks, but it's about 'the look' if you'll pardon the pun - i'm not sure that in anything smaller than 1/24 you can really see exactly what the dials are without magnification, and you certainly can't see it through a canopy, no matter how much you polish it (open pit is different of course)

ED634015.jpg?t=

I believe you also get Eduard belts included with these look sets, which seems pretty decent value

anyway, it's the tub / wheel wells and maybe landing gear that i'm interested in

just picked up the 2 seater kit for £24.99 shipped - that's just crazy cheap!!!

am waiting for the single seater to come down whilst i put my Trumpy kits on ebay

6 hours ago, nmayhew said:

I believe you also get Eduard belts included with these look sets, which seems pretty decent value

anyway, it's the tub / wheel wells and maybe landing gear that i'm interested in

am waiting for the single seater to come down whilst i put my Trumpy kits on ebay

Yes, missed that. I've got the twin seater B night-fighter edition and also just got the Master FuG Neptun set — yikes, I might end up using the plastic parts and keep the tiny brass bits as a later upgrade. 

You certainly picked up a bargain. I'm interested in the A-1a single seater if it's out there for £25 in the not too distant future.

Tony 

14 hours ago, nmayhew said:

I like Yahu too - used it on my Spitfire

some of the dials are definitely not clocks, but it's about 'the look' if you'll pardon the pun - i'm not sure that in anything smaller than 1/24 you can really see exactly what the dials are without magnification, and you certainly can't see it through a canopy, no matter how much you polish it (open pit is different of course)

ED634015.jpg?t=

Better than their usual disgusting and fuzzier panels! 

Fab

13 hours ago, Ali62 said:

Would you guys be happy with a set of brass u/c parts from me? Aerocraft Models.

i presume both single and two seater have the same u/c, been wanting to get a 2 seater for a while so I could pick one up to do the parts.

Ali

yes yes yes!

but can you make some for the Revell Spitfire Mk II 'whilst you are there'?

:mellow: