Yokosuka K5Y Willow reference?

Hi All,

Wondering if there is a walk around out there, I've looked and can't find anything, but maybe I'm not using the right keyword?... I've got the 1/32 kit and would like to get a bit more of an idea of whats going on in the cockpits, etc.

Thanks for your time and patience,

Pete

Try also looking for literature on IJN Trainers as well as it's common nickname "Akatonbo/Akatombo" (red dragonfly). Being a biplane trainer their cockpits lacked a lot of advanced features.

I just yesterday finished the Entex-branded kit (same as Nitro/Doyusha but with both wheels and floats for variants as well as including wire for rigging.) First biplane I ever made, modified it with a bomb and marked to look like the kamikaze that sunk USS Callaghan.

Edited by Foxtrot 14

13 hours ago, Troy Molitor said:

I have the arawashi paperback book Thierry mentioned above.   It’s loaded with period photos and profiles.   I’d recommend it.   I don’t recall it being too expensive.   

T

Hey Troy, does it have an ISBN number ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just rifled through my limited stash here in Singapore.   I might have brought this arawasi paperback back to California already.  

Im in the process of moving back to the states early next year and I’m bringing back as much as possible in between trips.  

The journal has a lot of information and a couple really unique orange and green schemes along with both float and land based aircraft line drawings  The last few pages also have a few shots of the only surviving Willow down in Indonesia.   Pretty rough shape but it’s the only one left.   I ordered this online direct from Arawasi.  If I find it, i’ll Certainly provide the ISBN number.  I believe I found all the information on the Japanese WWII aircraft site with order information on where to order it from.  I also ordered an additional Ki-44 references.  It came to Singapore in no time.    

Still searching Gent’s.  

19 hours ago, Troy Molitor said:

I just rifled through my limited stash here in Singapore.   I might have brought this arawasi paperback back to California already.  

Im in the process of moving back to the states early next year and I’m bringing back as much as possible in between trips.  

The journal has a lot of information and a couple really unique orange and green schemes along with both float and land based aircraft line drawings  The last few pages also have a few shots of the only surviving Willow down in Indonesia.   Pretty rough shape but it’s the only one left.   I ordered this online direct from Arawasi.  If I find it, i’ll Certainly provide the ISBN number.  I believe I found all the information on the Japanese WWII aircraft site with order information on where to order it from.  I also ordered an additional Ki-44 references.  It came to Singapore in no time.    

Still searching Gent’s.  

Troy, I pulled mine out and gave him the ISBN two posts before you last, so you don't have to do a deep dive.