1/32 P-40N Super Scarce

Totalize

On 4/6/2019 at 12:19 PM, Totalize said:

Looks like 1/32 P-40N's are as scarce as hens teeth. Hasegawa  and the Eduard Kit (rebox of Hasegawa?) are either OOP or those that are available need a king's ransom to acquire them. Are  P-40's in general popular because of all the interesting nose art they had? Tamiya would make a killing if they came out with any P-40 except the E.

What say you?

P.S. feel free to add you own cliche's to  this thread :)

Wheels and Wings had the Eduard boxing of the P-40N. Saw it there yesterday.  Never looked at the price. 

I almost forgot, another option is to find someone with leftover N canopy parts, and combine them with an M. The M’s are a little easier to find since they were not as popular. And with the odds that someone built an Early N with the Eduard kit are about 50/50, so you should be able to find a canopy cheap or free.

13 minutes ago, 1to1scale said:

I almost forgot, another option is to find someone with leftover N canopy parts, and combine them with an M. The M’s are a little easier to find since they were not as popular. And with the odds that someone built an Early N with the Eduard kit are about 50/50, so you should be able to find a canopy cheap or free.

I sure could use an N canopy, as mine in snapped in half :-/

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA

On 4/7/2019 at 3:46 AM, Dave Williams said:

Actually, I think the P-40M is the rarest boxing.  The N was reissued twice by Hasegawa, and then once again by Eduard in their special boxing.

The P-40N Eduard is special. It contains everything you need for variants E, M, N1 / N5 of course, except for decals.
Two months ago, Edward sold them out for a half price. Now he is preparing his version of the P-40E, 
which will allegedly include sprue for the "K" version with a typical wide rudder. 
"K" can no longer be found for a long time and I think it is very rare.
As usual, Eduard will also sell sprue in the Overtrees edition. Eduard P-40 N i E are Hasegawa sprue
1854024d-1662-4b7b-9e95-85288055ba7c-ori

Edited by corsairlada

I have only ever found 2 K’s for sale, and I bought them both. It would be nice. But honestly, someone needs to retool these kit, the amount of filling that needs to be done and detail lost all over the Hasegawa kits is terrible. It would be nice if Hasegawa retooled the E, K, and N fuselage. There is a good business case, as this is the most sought after, and will continue to be for years to come.