Bf 109 G-10, Mostar Squadron, April 1945

MikeC

I like German aircraft in unusual markings, and they don't come more unusual than this.  On 20th April 1945 two pilots from the Croatian Air Force defected to join pro-communist forces at Mostar.  Their aircraft were soon given a hasty update to their paint job, and became part of a scratch unit known as the Mostar Squadron.

This is my latest completion: proper "beauty shots" when I get around to them.  Built from the Hasegawa 1:32 G-10 kit, with MDC seat belts and Ventura decals.  I had some slight issues with these: the large fuselage stars broke up on application.  As I still had some stars left on the decal sheet, I used these as a template to cut home-made masks.  The numbers worked OK.  The tail markings were also supplied as complete decals, but I decided to paint these, and just cut out the small star from the decals. 

WP-20190312-16-56-29-Pro.jpg

WP-20190312-16-56-36-Pro.jpg

WP-20190312-16-56-58-Pro.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Thanks for the kind comments one and all.  There's more info on the aircraft, a colour profile of the other one, Black 3, and a head-on photo in this:  https://ospreypublishing.com/croatian-aces-of-world-war-2

8 hours ago, Wackyracer said:

Southern expo this weekend?

Sadly, no, but should be at Milton Keynes ModelKraft in April.

• 2 months later...