Sign in to follow this  
lazyeagle

New 1/32 MIG-31BM from Trumpeter?

2 minutes ago, seiran01 said:

AWESOME!  Yes, I read that as 1/32 mig31

Then my optician got my prescription right this time......this will be big, kind of glad I held off buying a 1/48 if this comes to fruition soon

8 minutes ago, Eagle Driver said:

According to Scalemates the MiG will be in 72nd.

Well I guess something got lost in translation- mods please delete if this is the case.....and there's me thinking I gotta scoop....

It would certainly make more sense in 72 than 32, but I'm prone to trust the manufacturer website before a 3rd party site. Not to say typos don't happen from manufacturers...

Wow, how cool would that be, and I do prefer the 31 over the 25.

They already have a Mig-31 in 1/72, so either this is just a rebox in 1/72 that includes that hypersonic missile or it really is a new 1/32 kit. 

Cheers,

Marcel

Edited by Marcel111

MAN! I hope HOPE this is true!   And I hope HOPE that the same team that did their Flanker will do it if its in 32nd!!   I scoop one up in a HEARTBEAT.  And yes it will be huge, BUT..........

Trumpeter has a history of doing large Russian jets in 32nd scale, and most/some are quite well done.  Not only do they have a history of 32nd scale Russian jets, but if you talk about size, and are worried a 1/32nd Mig-31 is TOO big think about this:

SU-27 Flanker     = L is 72'/22 m [-2.something ft smaller than the Foxhound]
Mig-31                 = L is 74'/23 m [+2.something ft larger than the Flanker]

SU-27 Flanker     = W is 48'/15 m [+4 something ft larger than the Foxhound]
Mig-31        = W is 44'/13 m [-4.something ft smaller than the Flanker]

SU-27 Flanker     = H is 19'/6ish m [-0.something ft smaller than the Foxhound]
Mig-31        = H is 20'/6 m [+0.something ft larger than the Flanker]

Not a whole lot of difference between an SU-27/30 and a Mig-31 other than having a smaller wingspan by 0.125 in, and a longer fuselage by a mear 0.0625 in

Heres hoping that bad boy follows suite with their 1/32nd Mig-15, Mig-19,  Mig-21, Mig-23B, Mig-23K,  Su-25,  Su-25UB, Su-27, Su-30, Mig-29A, Mig-29UB!

Bring on the 32nd Foxhound!!!! 

14 minutes ago, Marcel111 said:

Wow, how cool would that be, and I do prefer the 31 over the 25.

They already have a Mig-31 in 1/32, so either this is just a rebox in 1/72 that includes that hypersonic missile or it really is a new 1/32 kit. 

Actually to my knowledge currently Trumpeter does not make a Foxhound in 1/32nd. 

They do currently make a 72nd scale Foxhound, so guys Id say its more likely a 1/32nd Foxhound

982192-27826-99-pristine.jpg

20 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

Actually to my knowledge currently Trumpeter does not make a Foxhound in 1/32nd. 

They do currently make a 72nd scale Foxhound, so guys Id say its more likely a 1/32nd Foxhound

982192-27826-99-pristine.jpg

Hello Brian, yes typo from me, meant to say 72nd.

Cheers,

Marcel

19 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

They already have a 1/72 kit out, I think this is just a new variant

I kind of thought that too, as it does make sense. But when I looked at Trumpeters current Mig-31 it is an MiG-31BM when that is what the site lists as coming out.