DannyVM

Trumpy A-6A Intruder VA-196 ' Main battery' WIP

On 1/6/2019 at 3:36 PM, crobinsonh said:

Looks very nice indeed.

Thank's for the nice comment.:thumbsup:

Wow, that looks like nice pit even before you have done the weathering. The radar screens look excellent, I will use the idea of the clear orange or green with resin over the top

Thank's for the nice comment.:thumbsup: It's a simple technique, first the Tamiya clear orange or green, after that the clear resin.

Very nice pit indeed! Really like how those screens look.

Cheers,

Marcel

Thank's Marcel.:thumbsup:

21 hours ago, John1 said:

Looking great!    Where did you find the correct seats?    Also, how did you come by that flight helmet?  Must be pretty cool to have that in the man-cave.   

Thank's John.:speak_cool:

Seat's are from AMS resin. I had the opportunity to buy the helmet from a good friend, who had this for a couple of year's in his possession. It's a genuine Vietnam era helmet, still there's some doubt and discussion about the unit in which it was served. Until now, there's no proof whether or not it was really served into VA-196.

The paint job looks fantastic!  Can I ask what you mean my clear resin?  Is there a specific kind you use?

Thanks!

Bryan

Thank's Bryan.:thumbsup:

Regarding the epoxy, this is the one i use.

OjsivIIl.jpg

Regards

Danny

Front landing gear of the A-6A. This piece is like a kit of it's own. Here you see just the front landing gear oob, without the scratch wiring and tubing. Nice touch are the metal landing gear

legs, a must for this heavy beast.

JWmrfa3l.jpg

xsOsseVl.jpg

yHnocOHl.jpg

PsYs4frl.jpg

ra0UiMcl.jpg

dCFynJul.jpg

LUC6zJFl.jpg

f8J6ZoCl.jpg

Regards

Danny

Today, i took some time to glue some details onto the front LG leg. Prior to paint it tomorrow. I also tackled the AMS resin GRU-5 seat's. These two guy's didn't want to settle nice into the cockpit tub, so some tweaking was needed, prior to fit them. But everything went just fine, and they are also ready for painting.

KDOdCwWl.jpg

QL81jHAl.jpg

Oudj8zkl.jpg

AMS resin GRU-5 seat's. I needed to cut some details away from the sides prior to fit them into the cockpit tub. After that was done, i glued some details back in their place just a little higher so thing's where back to normal.

LrfMUPCl.jpg

To get a proper fit of the Bombardier/Navigator ejection seat it was needed to cut the launch rails away from the tub and replaced them with some Evergreen styrene sheet strips.

6tPVCPEl.jpg

6pMhRmNl.jpg

AZ1dOsUl.jpg

4iXleTJl.jpg

61v4gI4l.jpg

Last thing to do was glue the ejection seat headrest handles onto their place. For this i used two ejection rings from the Italeri F-104 seat's.

HSdT3xcl.jpg

Regards

Danny

Just finished the two GRU-5 ejection seat's. For now, the decals are drying, so tomorrow i will gave them a nice wash. Also the front wheel bay and the LG leg is painted in the proper color.

First the primer coat. Like always i used the excellent Alclad II black primer.

DUPqvz8l.jpg

Front landing gear bay and the LG leg are painted in white.

6MjYp6tl.jpg

And the two ejection seat's.

bnB3Qm5l.jpg

mMGUIsBl.jpg

EoeB5MSl.jpg

Ta9dPQyl.jpg

meZYO2Ll.jpg