Imperial Tie Fighters - Dual Build - FINISHED!

Out2gtcha

2 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

If you like SW at all K2, you will NOT regret getting any of the new gen Bandai kits!   The research level of the on-screen actual movie props to the models themselves has to be seen to be believed, even in 72nd.

Oh yes, big-time fan here, The Empire Strikes Back being one of my favorites.

On 11/6/2018 at 8:51 AM, PhilB said:

Here we go again!

Good stuff!

:D

Just a bit of a continued MoJo builder before jumping back to the F7F!

11 hours ago, LSP_Ray said:

You must have something keyed to this topic, because every time I open it I hear John Williams' Imperial march music in the background...

:whistle:

Me too Ray.......I love these little kits and I seem to hear the theme (including that easily recognizable growl if the Tie motors) in my head when working in them too

4 hours ago, spacewolf said:

If you were to not paint anything but just build it OOB it takes 90 min from start to finish... ask me how I know... :whistle:... and yes, best engineering & fit I've EVER seen !

You are 100% correct Vaughn!! The fit, finish and buildability of these Bandai SW kits is unbelievable......dare I say maybe even BETTER than Tamiya.

And their technique of getting all different colors (including clear parts!) all on the same sprue is amazing.

With the colors provided you could in fact easily put these together in a modeling heartbeat.....

But of course most all of us have some degree of AMS, so we cant have that now can we!!!

Its SUPER slick out today with a lot of snow, so I'm staying in today and will have some progress to show on these  for sure

I built one of the First Order TIEs OOB and they are indeed quick and well-fitting. My decals weren't the best and resisted my setting solution, so I will use an alternate means of marking my other kits.

I have an X-Wing, Y-Wing, and OT TIE that all have light kits plus the Falcon which came with its own lights still to do. Vader's ship as well but no lights for that one yet. I want to pick up a B-Wing when those come down in price. Not a fan of the A, though.

Hard to believe this is the same company that made all that 1/48 armor I built in the 70's.

Edited by CATCplSlade

Indeed! I still have Darths Adcanced-1 Tie to pick up to complete my Tie fighter collection.

I still have my favorite Rebel Alliance ships to pick up yet too, Y-wing, B-wing and of course a deluxe PG Bandai Falcon.

Love the Falcon and Y-wing with all their exposed gobbldy gook and wiring everywhere

54 minutes ago, 1to1scale said:

Check out the new Luke Stormtrooper HL has in stock!

I saw that!  Super cool as they have a Han Stormtrooper too IIRC.     I really love those figures, and the new General Grievous figure is at the top of my figgie want list! 

38 minutes ago, Dennis7423 said:

Strangely, they haven't done the Tie Bomber yet. Can't be too far off I think. Those Bandai kits really are spectacular kits.

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA

100% agreed. They are really pure joy to build