Building a Revell P-51D

docdodj01

So after trying to look for a suitable replacement, I used a ben, and cut staple wire, then superglued a bead from a bag of dessicant silica.  Will paint it black later once the superglue dries.

30370765407_0d816eac14_c.jpgUntitled by Docdodj, on Flickr

So that's it for now.  Hopefully I can primer the kit by tomorrow, crossing fingers.

• 2 weeks later...

So after measuring twice on the sizes of the artwork, I decided to paint the antiglare in OD, and the red nose for the aircraft. After some thought, I also decided on using the dropped flaps, so I had to paint the also in invasion stripes

43731863830_604ed124d8_c.jpgUntitled by Docdodj, on Flickr

44635116545_c17ef30c0e_c.jpgUntitled by Docdodj, on Flickr

43731863940_f3a90c52bc_c.jpgUntitled by Docdodj, on Flickr

44824018544_b07c401fbf_c.jpgUntitled by Docdodj, on Flickr

That's it for now, next up: tails stripes and serials using stencils!

6 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

Great progress Doc!   The NMF looks excellent, and the stripes really make things pop.   Would you happen to have  link to the Master barrel set you got that included the gun ports?

TIA and well done! 

Thanks for the comments.

Here's the link to the aftermarket set.  I got mine via hannants, I think you can get them in most online stores

http://master-model.pl/product/am-32-100.html

Thanks so much for the comments. Anyways, I'm down to the final stretch. Decals are on! The airframe markings are a mix of the revell ones and spares, deciding on those most likely still up on the airframe after invasion stripes was placed on the aircraft. Unfortunately, there are no accurate 1/32 decals for Emerson's mustang, especially the striking Donald duck artwork.  So I looked at different sources, chose the most accurate, and made my own artwork.  Decals are printed, I just need to paint the tailplane/rudder recognition stripes before I put on the decals

30676412147_41268196ea_c.jpgUntitled by Docdodj, on Flickr

30676411577_37420de849_c.jpgUntitled by Docdodj, on Flickr