Mirage IIIE References

Mark P

As this is a French plane the best references are French ones. As far as I know DTU published a book dedicated to the E and it is focusing only on French planes. There is also one Mushroom book about the Australian E. Aviascope made a very good walkaround booklet about the French IIIB & C and Verlinden a good one about the Belgian V that was close to the E. You also have references about the Israeli Shahak and  Nesher that can be useful. Unfortunately good books about the early French deltas are not common and most existing ones are Oop... 

it depend of what you are looking for . about the "saga" development of the E version , as Thierry said , the DTU book ( alas in French) is the bible ( there are different DTU books dedicated to each version ) Wikipedia is a good source , that sum up all versions etc...... now , if you are looking for detailed areas , there are different useful "walk around " . this one about the Aussi Mirage ( close to the E version ) is nice ......

Alain

https://www.google.fr/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwj7k6Wx0KvdAhUIxxoKHRhvCZQQjB16BAgBEAQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.grubby-fingers-aircraft-illustration.com%2Fmirage_walkaround.html&psig=AOvVaw1nB_vEYiIqmkIUVbOdD-F_&ust=1536503650438650

Edited by alain11

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 4:36 PM, alain11 said:

it depend of what you are looking for . about the "saga" development of the E version , as Thierry said , the DTU book ( alas in French) is the bible 

Hello

with additionnal captions in English, but is that enough?

by the way, what are you looking for? if we can of any help? it shouldn't be possible to scan any pix or drawings from the book due to copyright, but we can tell you...

Sorry to highjack the thread,

Mark,

is it any good. I’m planning on a 5 later in the year. There are a couple on eBay in the US but the postage kills it plus import tax. In the UK I found one for £40.

Steve.

The Verlinden book is currently the best reference to build a V and obviously even more for a VBA. The V was very close to the E, the main difference being the lack of the radar system of the E. This is why the plane got a slimmer nose. There were some other differences such as the IP, the keel and some minor details but the V was in fact a simplified E optimized for air-to-ground missions. As for other Mirages, the seat type evolved according to the considered era and operator. 

2 hours ago, rafju said:

it shouldn't be possible to scan any pix or drawings from the book due to copyright, but we can tell you...

This is actually quite a popular misconception. Referring to our own rules regarding this very matter, here, the "Fair Use" terms exist for the very reason of sharing information, without fear of violating the rights of the creator of the original material.

1 hour ago, Stevepd said:

Sorry to highjack the thread,

Mark,

is it any good. I’m planning on a 5 later in the year. There are a couple on eBay in the US but the postage kills it plus import tax. In the UK I found one for £40.

Steve.

If you're referring to the Varlindan book, yes, it's really quite decent.