Bf110G4 NJG4 1944/45 FINISHED!!!!! YIPPEE.

mozart

Thanks chaps, only had time for a little play this morning but I think I can get a degree or two of movement, but then how many of us knew that the SM cannons were at 15 deg.?  My belief is that there is some degree of movement in the cannons anyway, each pilot had their own preferred way of attacking bombers so would have set theirs up accordingly.  You may find this de-brief report of interest: 

ym9SCi.jpg

ZQ6HGF.jpg

tuoG5e.jpg

GGi13j.jpg

a6lTxt.jpg

And the grave of the great man killed in 1950 is the silliest of accidents in southern France:

9r5tKh.jpg

Edited by mozart

Glad you enjoyed it Shawn.  Peter Hinchliffe's "Ace of Diamonds" is a biography of Schnaufer and a fascinating read if you're interested to know further.

Bit of a mixed bag of modelling today in an effort to have a little respite from the intensity of Schrage Muzik.  So I turned my attention to the Eberspacher flame dampers: the front ends needed opening out slightly before the filter would fit, and the aft ends needed drilling out completely.  I made the thickness of the tubes as thin as I dared since I have a bit of a "thing" about scale thickness.  Once done I sprayed them with MRP Exhaust Metal, and excellent replication I thought.  No rust on these, not on the Kommodore's Bf110!!

KxszCN.jpg

ta4aUg.jpg

oXSYGO.jpg

I must admit to being a little sceptical about John's clear wing tips, seemed a bit like overkill to me, but they actually fit very nicely when cleaned up so well done John:

2hWUy9.jpg

And since the GB has been extended for another month, bless you Kev, I stand a chance of completing the build so I thought I'd better practise my mottling skills:

kg1200.jpg

Some of you may have read in the "General Discussion" forum about Wingleader Magazine which is the brainchild of Simon Parry and Mark Postlethwaite, jointly Red Kite publishing. Simon and Mark asked for crowdfunding to get the magazine underway, an initial sum of £12000 was the target.  I was happy to contribute to this and as a reward I will be receiving the following apposite items for "In the Pale Moonlight":

3OwnhL.jpg

znkKPP.png

35 minutes ago, Shawn M said:

your paint work looks fantastic!

puts mine to shame

Slightly over stating it Shawn, your paintwork on the Uhu was my mental bookmark for how I want mine to look so if I can turn out a Bf110 that looks as effective as your He219 I'll be well satisfied!!

Edited by mozart