Revell F4U1

bcauchi

Wow Brian, just amazing. I love the way all the panels pop off so the internal details can be seen. I've been thinking that I've been a member of this site for a few years now and have seen some really impressive builds but when you add up the parts....detail, scratchbuilding, decal application, painting, shading and weathering this is the best model I've ever seen. Sets a new level.

If this Corsair is a 'Masterpiece' ... we need a new word for 'Masterpiece' ... 'Masterpiece' goes nowhere near summing up the sheer quality of Brians work .... Im not prop fan (haha), as such, and know very little about them .. words fail me. If he was Carlsberg, they would have to change their advert from 'probably' to 'definately'!!! If I had my hat still, it would be off to you Brian!

Rob.

I can;t thank you guys enough for the support and comments which make one work harder. Glad you enjoyed the build and I hope that it will save you time on research. i shall post more pics once the base is done. I have started on it already. Thanks again.

Brian, watched this build for a while. Then I read Carrier Clash, which details the Solomons carrier battles, in and around Guadalcanal. There is a vets dialogue describing re-filling Corsairs with 12 quart pails, straining the gas through chamois skin. Every tank. Every mission.Every day. Hand pumped from 55 gallon drums. The european(theatre) guys should read some of this stuff! I have no confusion or doubt whar-so-ever regarding your weathering, stains and general wear! Those that do should look up the book by Mr. Eric Hammel.

I'm a bit late Brian but also had pretty much run out of superlatives. I especially loved your petrol staining...that just made it go beyond weathered but come alive for me instead...amazing.

Oh...and I met a Joe Cauchi over in Melbourne the other day...he reckons its not such a common name on Malta so of course I asked him if he was related... :unsure: :rolleyes: the other side of the world and I think I've found one of your relatives.... <_<

cheers Matty

• 1 month later...

Brian,

Ive been quietly watching this thread. Your work and attention to detail is stunning and your skill with paint is just as good. Remarkable job. Just plain remarkable. Looking forward to seeing more of your work...

Geoff

I have yet to put up pics of the complete plane and base but this shall take some time. I am completing some figures to accomapny the model. The base is done but the figurres are not. You shall see some more photos eventually.