Dragon/ AIMS 1/32 Messerschmitt BF110 G-4 2Z+GB Stab 1./NJG6..........Finished!!

monthebiff

great work and good tips for my future build as well

Glad you are enjoying Shawn, hopefully my trials and tribulations will help anyone trying to get the best out of this wonderful conversion.

Regards. Andy

I'm too scared to start mine. I put my kit and conversion in a safe place. Hopefully I can build it in a way that will make the sponsors proud. Your build is an inspiration.

Don't be scared to Gerhard, enjoy and take your time, in general the fit of the resin etc is excellent.

Regards. Andy

Wow... it really is coming together nicely!  Such clean work... does not look like a conversion at all.

Thanks for checking by John, I'm getting there on this build now and with some careful work as you say it fits like a glove.

Regards. Andy

You rally make it look easier than all the work it takes. I also have the kit and conversion but will wait some time before starting. Thanks so much for taking your time to show us the way !.......Harv :popcorn:

Hey Harv, its one of those builds to savour and take your time on. With a big twin in the shape of a Mitchell under way then iy may be a while til you get to this one!!

Regards. Andy

Looking great Andy! Keeping my eye on you, I have my conversion and hope to get after it very soon.... :)

Dan

Thanks for checking by Dan, looking foward to maybe seeing a few more of these conversions appear as WIP's on here sometime soon!

Regards. Andy

Started working on getting the fuselage closed up and started up with assembling and detailing the windsheild, grab handles added as well as the screen cleaning pipework etc.

DSCN3259.jpg

A word of warning to anyone building a Dragon 110 is to get the IP in the correct place as I must have had mine slightly slopping foward so the gunsight was fouling the screen and it would not fit! Fortunately I am not fitting the nose cone til the end of the build so I was ablt to push it foward carefully so the screen now fits.

DSCN3262.jpg

Thats where it needs to be foe the screen to fit properly. Also been working on all of the awkward fit area=s on the fuselage and getting these cleaned up/ blended in and re-scribed.

Regards. Andy

With the annoying sanding/ filling out of the way I've started working from the front to the back of the fuselage finishing of assembly prior to fitting the wings, first up I fitted the windsheild followed by the etched pilots add on armour

IMG_20180417_201832.jpg

Also remembered to attach the screen wash plumbing up to the tubing already fitted to the screen, some Mr Surfacer was then painted around the joint to try and suggest a T fitting.

A word of caution for anyone building this conversion to remember to use the armour panels from the small supplimentery etched fret rather than the undersize peices in the main fret supplied with the conversion.

Regards. Andy

Andy 2Z+GB does not have the armour! This is on much latter G-4s - you can see it is not on the profile - the drawings are different in that area. You do not see any FuG 220 b machines with armour. Also note that if you have a PE frame without an additional larger set of armour plates it is because I had the larger frame changed after the first 50 so if you do not have an additional frame it is because you do not need it

Edited by Pastor John

Andy 2Z+GB does not have the armour! This is on much latter G-4s - you can see it is not on the profile - the drawings are different in that area. You do not see any FuG 220 b machines with armour. Also note that if you have a PE frame without an additional larger set of armour plates it is because I had the larger frame changed after the first 50 so if you do not have an additional frame it is because you do not need it

Thanks for pointing that out John, I never noticed that before!! Oh well, I will have to peel the armour plates of and make good any damage, such a shame as they went on really well. 

And removed

IMG_20180418_090519.jpg

Could be worse!

Regards. Andy

Edited by monthebiff

Don't be scared to Gerhard, enjoy and take your time, in general the fit of the resin etc is excellent.

Regards. Andy

Scared is maybe an over statement. I just want to pay justice to this kit, It was such and out of this world experience, it deserves 150% commitment.