Dragon 110D-3 on sale at Dragon TODAY ONLY

Juggernut

Hey, if anybody's interested, Dragon has a 110D-3 on sale TODAY (December 29, 2017) ONLY for $54.98.

https://www.dragonusaonline.com/Dragon-Daily-Deals.aspx

Just out of curiousity, what would the 110G-4 Nightfighter conversion sell for using the above 110D-3 kit?

I think it would be a great donor kit for Pastor John's Bf110F/G conversion so if you're inclined (as I am), don't wait too long!

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=70279&page=1

I've had the E-2/trop version sitting in the stash for a little over two years now. One of these days I'll work on it. Seems like I read once that this boxing has the parts to make any of the other versions (C and D) but I'm not real sure about that. I would love to have a D version though, so I might buy one

If your considering the 110G conversion the D-3 is ideal.

It comes with wing tamks which otherwise need to be attached as resin tanks so it saves you using those.

Nice kit dodgy instructions.

It comes with an optional tailpiece ... unlike the D-1/R-1kit ... but the wing tanks are way too big.

Rog :)

It comes with an optional tailpiece ... unlike the D-1/R-1kit ... but the wing tanks are way too big.

I don't know this particular kit, but earlier Bf110s often carried 900L wing tanks (post-Dackelbach) rather than the 300L ones used by the G-4.

Max

You really know your BF-110's Rog. 

Well ... I'm not a complete expert ... but I had to do a fair bit of research on the type and the Dragon kits when I was trying to organise the conversion.

I don't know this particular kit, but earlier Bf110s often carried 900L wing tanks (post-Dackelbach) rather than the 300L ones used by the G-4.

Max

Yep ... well done, Max ... I forgot the actual capacity of the bigger ones ... but they are indeed the ones depicted in this kit.

Edited by Artful69

How does the Dragon 110 build up?  PITA or is it pretty smooth?  That's a killer good price!

The kit itself is fantastic ... pretty much the equivalent of the Dragon/Cyber-Hobby Bf.109E's

Accurate in nearly all outline and detail aspects ... fit and finish is well above average - although there's the odd 'patience is required' fit issue.

Our brother here, below, has the right of it though!! ...

It's a good kit, Jennings, but the instructions are all jacked up.  Or at least they were with the C-7 kit variant.

Instructions are a mess on the first issue kit ... and don't really improve from there ...

Here's one of at least a couple of errata lists going around ...

http://www.hyperscale.com/2008/features/bf110c732erratabg_1.htm

In short ... parts and assembly when finished are superb ... getting there requires a little forbearance.

... Just out of curiousity, what would the 110G-4 Nightfighter conversion sell for using the above 110D-3 kit? ...

You'd be wanting the 85 GBP option ... the kit includes the smaller tailpiece ... but everything else in Johns ensemble would be required.

Edited by Artful69

It's a nice kit, as stated above, typical of Dragon kits the instructions are not the best. In building mine a few years back the only part I remember having any issue with was the oblong insert piece under the nose, I can't remember if it ended up sitting proud or if it sank but I remember having problems with fitting it but nothing major, possibly the cannon tray in the fuselage floor too down to the instructions. You may also want to cover the back of the radio rack with some sheet styrene before fitting the part as the open back is visible behind the pilots seat. That's a great price for the kit but postage to this part of the world costs just as much as the kit so it's a no go for me this time.

I should also add that when it comes to the landing gear, check everything as the gear bays are handed and won't fit the wrong side, check the figment of the inserts that go on the inner gear bay sides too. The glass dials that appear on the cow longs should be on both sides of the cowl but dials only on the inner side of each. The cowls were interchangeable on the real thing so the outer dial ports will be blank with the dials on the inner side for the pilot to read only.

I just finished building the C-7 kit and found, other than the infuriating instructions, the model to build up pretty nicely with two exceptions: 1. the fuselage insert on the belly did not fit well and required a lot of filler and 2. the engine cowling pieces around each exhaust were a mess with large gaps that all had to be filled, removing almost all detail in that area.  I used Quickboost resin exhausts as the only aftermarket addition.  Net: very good kit, terrible instructions, and a couple of places to watch out for.