SAAB J-29F/B from Fly model

Guest Martinnfb

3 hours ago, dutik said:

Judging by the photos you actually made a J-29 B exhaust? Do you want to sell it with the correct "B" label too?

Regards

- dutik

I will need to tweak the outer case shape and size a bit, but the inner pieces are essentially correct for the B version (based on my current understanding) -- I will definitely post some pics here when that design is ready -- thx!

9 hours ago, resin2detail said:

You're welcome :-) The resin2detail seamless intake is reduced in diameter from the kit intake which is too large

Hi Brian,

Thank you for the information.  I think it would probably increase your sales to include images showing how your intake is smaller.  When I saw your intake on eBay and Facebook, I honestly thought it was the same width as the original.

17 minutes ago, Mark_C said:

Hi Brian,

Thank you for the information.  I think it would probably increase your sales to include images showing how your intake is smaller.  When I saw your intake on eBay and Facebook, I honestly thought it was the same width as the original.

Thanks, Mark — that’s an excellent point. I’ll take a side-by-side 

58 minutes ago, Mark_C said:

Hi Brian,

I believe Brian modified his original design to reflect the accurate scale dimensions of the intake.

Kev

• 4 months later...
7 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

I'm resurrecting that thread to notify that maestro models released a 3d printed corrected nose.  

By the way I had a look at the kit and I'm still scratching my head about the cockpit tub design. I'm wondering how you can paint it...!?!

It doesn't appear on their website. Where did you see it?

47 minutes ago, LSP_Kevin said:

I've been waiting for Brian at RESIN2detail to send me his correction parts for the kit, but nothing so far. He did say they were disappointing sellers, however. Perhaps I should just tackle one of mine out-of-box and see how it goes together.

Kev

I’m wondering if the disappointing sales of the correction parts is because the kit itself didn’t sell that well.  To be honest, I think the J29 is a bit of a niche aircraft, plus Fly is a bit of a niche manufacturer, who doesn’t have the distribution of a lot of other manufacturers.  Plus, it’s fairly expensive (at least in the US - and few places seem to carry the kit).  It’s one of those kits you really have to want.  I’m curious how many they have actually sold.

5 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

I’m wondering if the disappointing sales of the correction parts is because the kit itself didn’t sell that well.  To be honest, I think the J29 is a bit of a niche aircraft, plus Fly is a bit of a niche manufacturer, who doesn’t have the distribution of a lot of other manufacturers.  Plus, it’s fairly expensive (at least in the US - and few places seem to carry the kit).  It’s one of those kits you really have to want.  I’m curious how many they have actually sold.

I do not think a lot of them will be sold out of Europe. In Belgium I know that some people got it because it was used in our old colony (the UN version). Personally I got a B for that camo and the UN markings although, very frankly, I really prefer the Lanssen.

• 3 weeks later...