2017 IPMS Nationals: Whose going, want to meet up, and got any tips?

CANicoll

Guest Smitty44

Off to Sacramento!! Flight boards at 420 in the mornin'. Praying the forcast backs off a little, but oh well. See you tomorrow!!

Well, just got registered and while at the desk, we were met by Phantom Mike and his lovely bride Lori. Two awesome people!

Of course, we ran up to our room and checked the big box to ensure all was well during the trip.

Upon first glance, they look perfect.

An OOB build, a Theme build, and the boat. WW1 and T-28s. Somehow I don't think anyone will be surprised. Maybe I ought to branch out a bit?

IMG_4148-X2.jpg

Now I am getting a glimpse of how big that stringer really is. You can easily stuff 3.5 corpses to that box Ernie :)

Edited by Martinnfb

Let the stress begin.  Flight is an hour late getting to Chicago.  I had an hour and 15 min layover.  Have to change terminals.  What do you think are the odds I can get from C terminal to B terminal in 11 minutes to catch my flight to Omaha?

Let the stress begin.  Flight is an hour late getting to Chicago.  I had an hour and 15 min layover.  Have to change terminals.  What do you think are the odds I can get from C terminal to B terminal in 11 minutes to catch my flight to Omaha?

I was on the same flight. I made it by taking a very brisk pace going down the stairs and on the people mover. Got there right as the gate agent started the pre-boarding speech. Hope you made it ok, but be prepared for a deluge.

And OBTW, anyone else notice the Revell 1/32 Super Hornet sprues?! They have stuff for what looks like F/A-18 E-GS! Seriously, there's ALQ-99 pods and ALQ-218 wingtip pods, plus various ECS stacks/vents. They had a little sticky on it saying $69. If so, it'll blow the Trumpy kits away!

I am impressed... after months of problems getting WNW kits what do I see right outside the vendor rooms?   Sprue Brothers brought freeeking cases of them!  The Albatros Jasta kit too.  My suit case is too small to complete my "collection".  The Jasta kit would be a carry on.  I do not own luggage large enough.  1/32 scale life is very good.

Oh well back to the grind...

Rick

Kurth and MARU - plane got in earlier than expected and while I also hoofed it over to the gate, got there in plenty of time and even had time to get a pretzel to snack on for the flight.

Already blew my budget yesterday on the WNW tri-Albatross kit (for $189!) and then found the Tamiya 1/32 F-4E I was looking for, which of course then set off an eduard and resin buying spree for that bird.  Picked up a full set of sprue and PE nippers and now am off to look for some Zotz decals and maybe a heavy metal pilot for the F-4.  Also grabbed the PE I needed for my Duchess Arlene build.  Great prices, great to meet the vendors I've been working with.

Also had a great conversation with Jennings.  Our Chapter pres bought the new P-40 skull decals Jennings just produced.  Turns out my chapter pres's earlier had picked up the Eduard P-40 and his dad flew in that same group so the updated decals were very timely.

Will post pics later!

CN

Great days indeed gents!

SO glad you all could make it to my home town!

If I havent introduced myself yet please come up to me im in the blue "going downtown" polo shirt with my name tag on, Brian Leitch.

More Omaha shenanigans to follow!!!

Edited by Out2gtcha