2017 IPMS Nationals: Whose going, want to meet up, and got any tips?

CANicoll

Looking forward to meeting you guys at the show. See you at the Night at the Museum event.  I'll be one of the gray bearded guys in a NoVa IPMS shirt and probably sporting a white Portland, Maine hat.

Safe travels and let the shopping begin!

Chris

I thought 2011 was fun!     Seems this time will be even more fun, with all the people we have attending the largest model show North America has to offer, its going to be a blast.
Its just rare for me to be around any individuals (let a alone people I consider friends) who share my modeling interest, so doing so at one of the worlds largest modeling shows will be a rare treat indeed

Guest Smitty44

Its just rare for me to be around any individuals (let a alone people I consider friends) who share my modeling interest, so doing so at one of the worlds largest modeling shows will be a rare treat indeed

Ya, no club within 200 miles of me so the same here. I talked to Harv the other day, and it was actually the first time I had actually taked to another modeler in years. Well I did talk to Gary a couple years ago when trying to find enough info on RF-4B's for him to do a conversion, but that's it! I wish I could just fast forward a bit through the travel day, though I love flying.

I sent another PM to Randy Fields in Omaha, the vendor coordinator, and I again voiced my desire to be somewhat close to Gary's table, if at all possible.

So far, no signs of intelligent life on the other end....

LOL!    These are the guys in my IPMS club. THe main dudes, Scott Hackney and Randy Fields. Overall, they are indeed a nice bunch of guys (Im a conservative in some ways, but in that respect, they are a bit far right for me) and have this IPMS Nationals bit down pat, and are well funded.    However, they tend to poo-poo LSPs (have never said that directly just to be clear) as do most of the regular Fort Crook IPMS members.  

Meh, NBD to me. I find some of the guys favorite scales/builds (like one gent who loves 72nd WWI stuff  :lol: ) more like a broach clip my dad would have worn to a new aircraft coronation. :lol:     I cant attest to the intelligent part, but I do know they are in a blurr of activity in the now coming final hours before the show

Edited by Out2gtcha

Guest Smitty44

No doubt hundreds of beautiful IPMS groupies ready to throw themselves at our feet!

Edited by Smitty44

No doubt hundreds of beautiful IPMS groupies ready to throw themselves at our feet!

Now that is FRICKEN funny !! (don't tell my wife ).........Harv

Ya, no club within 200 miles of me so the same here. I talked to Harv the other day, and it was actually the first time I had actually taked to another modeler in years. Well I did talk to Gary a couple years ago when trying to find enough info on RF-4B's for him to do a conversion, but that's it! I wish I could just fast forward a bit through the travel day, though I love flying.

I got very lucky where I live here west of Wash DC.  The Nova IPMS club is huge and our monthly meetings almost always top 50+ members and we usually have at least 35 models (and sometimes double that) on the competition tables.  LOTS of support so at least you know there is SOMEONE around who understands this fascination with Styrene and resin and little bits of metal and such.

See you all in Omaha.........

Not happy with rear canopy. Gonna detach and re glue ! :BANGHEAD2:  :BANGHEAD2:  Not happy. Have to have it packed up by tomorrow night.....Harv

Guest Smitty44

Not happy with rear canopy. Gonna detach and re glue ! :BANGHEAD2:  :BANGHEAD2:  Not happy. Have to have it packed up by tomorrow night.....Harv

Not happy with much of mine at all. After I put the P-40 aside it gave me only three weeks to put this one together. Only arials and touch up left for me though.