Wilhelm Hipperts Jasta 74 "Mimmi"

Out2gtcha

Superb update Brian, well worth the anticipation and wait! Great catch on the cowl, some specific scheme are wuite tricky to get right, so the detective work and reading the references sure adds to the pleasure of the build (to me at least). For some reason I don't prime my wnw plastic either except when i want to do mottling and i find tam/gunze paints bite very well, maybe because i thin them with leveling thinner which is lacquer...

Looking forward to when you lay down the coat of blue!

Karim

Jim, K1, Karim, thanks much gents.   Getting back into the swing of things now that Im actually making some progress at the bench!  I had almost forgotten how well these kits fit.  

Nothing fancy here on this one, and no where NEAR the details of your AEG Karim, but this one is strictly to get some bench time after almost 8 months, and get the modeling bug back in me. 

I'll have to drive up to Omaha and meet you....then you can teach me how to air-brush!

Dan

Haha, thanks Dan! My skills are eclipsed by some of the astounding master class builders on this site.  Are you coming up for the NATs July 26th - 29th?

Haha, thanks Dan! My skills are eclipsed by some of the astounding master class builders on this site.  Are you coming up for the NATs July 26th - 29th?

That sounds like a good Idea.....I will have to go and see the MECA of building at a Nationals.....where in Omaha?

Many thanks gents!   And to Bob VB, MANY thanks for my latest order of buckles!  :D

I did actually get the blue shot last night, but with a new and recently wanting out of his isolation member of the family, I didnt get a chance to snap any pics yet.
I was going to just go with acrylics, as Tamiya "blue" X-4 seemed to be about exactly the shade I was after.....................

But thinking better of myself, and knowing I was not shooting any primer on this one, I went to the LHS and socked up on some MM paints. I didnt have the cash to get all that I wanted, but Model Masters "True Blue" FS15102 turned out to be spot on for the hue of blue I was after, and with being enamel, I know I wont have any adhesion issues without priming.

I did get the wheels clipped off the sprues, cleaned up and shot w/blue as well, but promptly forgot to spray all the cabane and wins struts, that had to be blue as well. NBD, as I will spray those tonight, whilst also seeing if I can get a start printing out all those damn checkers!  :lol: 

Not the largest of updates, but I did get the blue down
It went down very nicely, and I actually didn't over-do-it on the top coat, and you can actually see the pre-shading a bit. About exactly as much as I wanted:

20170622_200817-XL.jpg

20170622_201002-XL.jpg

20170622_200857-XL.jpg

20170622_200833-XL.jpg

20170622_200824-XL.jpg

I totally forgot the wing and cabane struts that also need to be painted blue, I'll see if I can try to paint those tomorrow.

I'm off to see if I can print out some checker masks.

Cheers!

Edited by Out2gtcha