Revell 1/32 BF109 G10 **fixed images***

titan8251

Just realised...

I thought that Hartmann's Erla machine had the small wing bulges, not the ones as supplied in the kit?

Or did he have two?

I am not sure man.....actually all this stuff makes my head hurt with all the different variants and what ones had wooden rudders, panel line here foot warmer here, coffee maker here etc. lol

Andy

ok I am not I sure know myself (don't listen to me!)

but here are the pics i am talking about - i think they are fairly well known, but i saw them here:

http://falkeeins.blogspot.co.uk/2011/09/erich-hartmanns-last-bf-109-g-10.html

we just need one of the 109 experten to interpret them :)

what do you think?

Hartmanncid_89636c64_5fc7_4f6a_9687_edit

Hartmann_1a_zps4cf3af4d.jpg

Edited by nmayhew

I am not sure man.....actually all this stuff makes my head hurt with all the different variants and what ones had wooden rudders, panel line here foot warmer here, coffee maker here etc. lol

Andy

Many Erla G-10s had the small wing bulges, I believe Hartmann's machine was one of them.  When Matt Low and myself did the review of the Revell G-10 at LSM one one of our complaints was that Revell kit didn't include both wing bulge styles since both were commonly seen on the Erla G-10.  If you're feeling ambitious at some point in the future, the AMUR Reaver G-10 cowl correction set will actually fit the G-6 kit, so yo can do one with the smaller wing bulges and have a cowl that's a little more accurate then the OOB version.  Of course BarracudaCast makes the small wing bulge inserts in resin as well.  Regardless, doing a great job on this one, really looks good!

Edited by Mikester

ok I am not I sure know myself (don't listen to me!)

but here are the pics i am talking about - i think they are fairly well known, but i saw them here:

http://falkeeins.blogspot.co.uk/2011/09/erich-hartmanns-last-bf-109-g-10.html

we just need one of the 109 experten to interpret them :)

what do you think?

Hartmanncid_89636c64_5fc7_4f6a_9687_edit

Hartmann_1a_zps4cf3af4d.jpg

Yea, I saw the same pics.  Oh well, too late now guess ill do the RLM 02 mottles after all then.

Many Erla G-10s had the small wing bulges, I believe Hartmann's machine was one of them.  When Matt Low and myself did the review of the Revell G-10 at LSM one one of our complaints was that Revell kit didn't include both wing bulge styles since both were commonly seen on the Erla G-10.  If you're feeling ambitious at some point in the future, the AMUR Reaver G-10 cowl correction set will actually fit the G-6 kit, so yo can do one with the smaller wing bulges and have a cowl that's a little more accurate then the OOB version.  Of course BarracudaCast makes the small wing bulge inserts in resin as well.  Regardless, doing a great job on this one, really looks good!

Thanks man.  So should I put the RLM 02 mottles then?

Andy

Yea, I saw the same pics.  Oh well, too late now guess ill do the RLM 02 mottles after all then.

Thanks man.  So should I put the RLM 02 mottles then?

Andy

No, at this point in the war RLM 02 was pretty much phased out.  Stick with 74/75 for your mottles.  Here's my take on this aircraft:

001.JPG

Edited by Mikester

Follow what Mikester says and you can't go too far wrong

He's ‘Der Mottelmeister'

:)

FYI the review he mentions very modestly was one of the most comprehensive done you'll see of any kit

Such a shame the pics all fell the grim reaper of photobucket, but it's testament to its quality that it still has value just as text