B 17 flatspot ?

neil f

That would make one fine diorama. Although mine would probably be DV286 BH-C from 300 squadron. A Polish unit of which the museum I work for as a volunteer made sure five missing aircrew were recovered in 2003. The only survivor at the time Bogoslav Morski was present at the ceremony.

We need some good sets of ground crews for these models!

Who will make them and when will we see some decent figures to compliment them?

Masterbox has them listed, but so far .....zilch!

Same with the bomb trolleys in our scale..........come on someone!   :popcorn: 

We need some good sets of ground crews for these models!

Who will make them and when will we see some decent figures to compliment them?

Masterbox has them listed, but so far .....zilch!

Same with the bomb trolleys in our scale..........come on someone!   :popcorn:

Yep ... I'm with you here ... we could do with a series of about 10-15 US and RAF bomber figures ... bomb trolleys AND transports.

At least Graham will have us covered for the Upkeep mine and trolley

Rog :)

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone not aware, Lancaster R5868 PO-S seen in post #50 is the very same as the one now in the RAF museum at Hendon,

and not just wearing a tribute paint job..In the period photo, she's 'only' up to 97 mission marks.

• 2 years later...
On 4/6/2017 at 3:44 AM, wunwinglow said:

While the change in shape of the nose is a bit difficult to spot, the change in proportion of the windscreen panels most definitely is not. Our brains are finely tuned to recognise 'face', and sees the nose of an aircraft, especially the glazing, in terms of 'nose', 'eyes', 'mouth' etc. It is what gives aircraft a character. The higher nose profile on the kit squeezes the windscreen panels upwards especially in the middle, making the 'face' look like it is screwing up its eyes. That is what looks odd to me, not so much the raised nose profile.

If I ever built the kit, I would have to sort that out. Lots have shown it can be done effectively. It is a shame the kit is a bit off, but frankly having a 1:32 scale B17 AT ALL, let alone 2 versions, far, far outweighs any dinky little issues like this!!  I know HK are very conscious of the problem and their efforts on subsequent kits will be all the more strenuous. I think we can look forward to seeing some spectacular products from them!! 

T

You mentioned that many have corrected the windscreen and flat nose profile of the HK B-17. I have yet to see one example. Where can they be found?

9 hours ago, thunderbolt1988 said:

You mentioned that many have corrected the windscreen and flat nose profile of the HK B-17. I have yet to see one example. Where can they be found?

I can't remember what I was doing this morning, let alone other folks, 2 years ago!! Seriously, at the time I recall several projects to sort it out, maybe it proved too difficult after all. You are right, there don't seem to be many successful correction jobs out there now.....

12 hours ago, wunwinglow said:

I can't remember what I was doing this morning, let alone other folks, 2 years ago!! Seriously, at the time I recall several projects to sort it out, maybe it proved too difficult after all. You are right, there don't seem to be many successful correction jobs out there now.....

ah, got it. 

• 4 years later...

As Thierry mentioned, I've addressed the area in front of the cockpit on my build of Bit O'Lace - currently parked whilst I address the side windows - and decide weather to address the outer nacelle positions.

IMG_9061_zpsnhmwe2vm.jpg

IMG_9062_zpshrmrrthw.jpg

IMG_9063_zpsvx1pg9nm.jpg

IMG_9064_zpsreybibl9.jpg

EDIT: Just realised I'd already posted near the beginning of this thread - must be an age thing... ;)

Blue skies...

Iain

On 4/1/2024 at 9:41 AM, Iain said:

As Thierry mentioned, I've addressed the area in front of the cockpit on my build of Bit O'Lace - currently parked whilst I address the side windows - and decide weather to address the outer nacelle positions.

IMG_9061_zpsnhmwe2vm.jpg

IMG_9062_zpshrmrrthw.jpg

IMG_9063_zpsvx1pg9nm.jpg

IMG_9064_zpsreybibl9.jpg

EDIT: Just realised I'd already posted near the beginning of this thread - must be an age thing... ;)

Blue skies...

Iain

Hello
What did you do exactly on the nose?it looks flatter1712092250-img-9062-zpshrmrrthw.jpg