WNW Gotha Sold Out.

Guest DeanKB

The rate of "sold out"'s at WNW seems to have slowed quite dramatically. Last year it seemed to be a kit every month would disappear - until the mythical "Special Editions" of course - now there has been quite a while since a sold out sign appeared.

Only a matter of time before $300 Gotha's appear on EBay - and get sold, which amazes my simple mind.

I think there are some OAW's available in the US and NZ warehouses?

I hadn't noticed earlier, but the Albatros D.Va (OAW) has also sold out.

It is not completely sold out.  You can still get one if you are in the US or NZ.  They have a preorder up which probably means it is in transit.  Hopefully, it is in transit with some surprises.

I have been on the fence for quite a while thinking about the Felixstowe.

On the one hand, I love the subject matter and the model would make a grand display piece to be the jewel in my collection crown.

On the other hand, it's a lot of work, a nightmare of rigging, and the wings are 3 feet long.  It's just enormous.

This is why I have been on the fence!  To buy or not to buy, that is the question.

It is getting to the point with the sold out kits that I think I have to just suck it up and buy one so as to preserve my ability to maybe build it some day. If I don't, I can always sell on Ebay.

For me, space is always a consideration. The good news is, my buddy and myself will be going 50/50 on a big display case in the next year or so, and I'll be able to display what little I actually have finished, in that.

Make it 30" deep and you can have a Gotha or Felixstowe in there as well.

I certainly have 30" of depth where I'm proposing to put it. It can't be much wider than 5' though, but I''ll figure all that out when the time comes.