WNW Gotha Sold Out.

Guest DeanKB

This is the reason i recently bought the two Pfalz fighters before they run out of stock. :whistle:

But i also, have to admit, they are the only two subjects that i really wanted to have at the moment.

The Gotha is indeed a real impressive model once it's finished, but just to big to put it anywhere in my house.

Greetz

Danny 

Always good to find a fellow Lib fan.  Just imagine a couple of Assembly Ships in 1:32!  Libby heaven!  and that's before we get onto the 43rd BG nose art, Coastal Command GRs, ...

No it's not, that's mere dabbling.  :whistle:   :piliot:

How many do you have Mike, or dare I not ask?

How many do you have Mike, or dare I not ask?

Not that many in the stash atm: 3 in 1:32 (Tamiya VIII, Tamiya IX and Hasegawa Vb) and 5 in 1:48, but that's really 7 because two of those are Eduard double kits.  Also Alley Cat PRXI and Paragon XIV conversions, and a dedicated "Spitfire spares" box.  Decals?  Lots!

But as for how many I've built over the years,  starting witth the Airfix BT:K and Mk IX JE:J, I wouldn't like to guess.  In a shameless plug, this is the latest off the bench.

Edited by MikeC

I hate to even think of how much I have invested in my stash. The sobering part is, nobody will give you even close to what you have invested, either.

Just the 1/8 Hasegawa wood biplanes alone are eye watering.

Then the big Catalina plus a bunch more HPH kits, Silver Wings, Lukgraph, Fisher, MDC, multiple WnW kits, Tamiya's stuff, Hasegawa, KHM, Trumpeter, RoG, and on and on and on..

It's scary.  In many ways, it's money down the drain,  as are all hobbies.  I'm a master of buying high and selling low.

I think my stash is quite similar to yours, with the exception of HPH kits.

The Wingnut Wings kits are a pretty solid investment, at least in terms of 1/32 aeroplane kits, especially if you bought pre-delivery charge & price hikes. The "Sold Out" signs at WNW have an amazing effect upon prices. 

As for the rest, I'd be delighted to get back anywhere near what I paid for them.

Thinking about it though, I tend to pay the least possible when buying. I buy direct when that is the cheapest option - WNW, Silver Wings & Fly in particular. I buy lots from EBay at great prices - as long as you're patient and avoid weekend finishing times. Forums have given me loads of kits, as well as allowing me to churn the stash when needed. No fees!

I buy in bulk from Silver Wings. Buying in batches of at least four gives the best discounts. I buy Hasegawa & Trumpeter via EBay - they use some sort of system that imports via Germany, and it somehow avoids the 20% VAT & £8 hit. I buy AM from whoever is cheapest. It is usually not Hannants.

I use www.specialhobby.eu for lots of AM. Great choice - not just SH, but Eduard, CMK & others as well. However, Sterlings slide has pushed their prices up a lot, 20% I reckon. Dollar buyers would be well off, though.

Once, they had a 50% off certain products event - you know, the ones they can't normally shift. However, I noticed that they made a mistake and put the 50% discount on everything in the store. I went nuts. Bought several SH kits, multiple Eduard Big Ed's and Brassin sets, multiple Aires cockpit's, huge amount of Quickboost stuff - I ended up spending well over £500, and that was when Sterling was strong, when the Euro had a wobbly patch not long ago. The box that it turned up in was the size of a fridge.

Think about it from another perspective...

You could be playing golf. How many series of clubs would your stash have bought you ? And how many WNW kits can you buy with a golf-course yearly inscription, not to mention the green fees ?

Worse still, you could be chasing young chicks as a hobby :redx:

Hubert

I quit golf.

Think about it from another perspective...

You could be playing golf. How many series of clubs would your stash have bought you ? And how many WNW kits can you buy with a golf-course yearly inscription, not to mention the green fees ?

Hubert

I quit playing golf and skiiing for exactly those reasons. When the cost outweighs the fun you are having, time to move on.

I tried golf. I sucked at it.

I put my money into models, (no snide remarks as per the above statement, please)

I also love shooting sports, and antique cars and 101 Scout motorcycles, so I stay effectively broke.

I love shooting sports, and antique cars Jeeps and 101 Scout motorcycles models, and I still stay effectively broke.

I hate to even think of how much I have invested in my stash. The sobering part is, nobody will give you even close to what you have invested, either.

I think this is true of many items that we purchase. I can't even begin to imagine what I've got 'invested' in books, but the whole shootin' match probably wouldn't fetch 10% of what I've spent on them over the years.

Brian, you forgot JEEP REPAIRS.  :)

Jeep repairs help keep WnW and HPH in business, just so you know.

:rofl:

Oh how I LOVE Jeep guys.. keep buying them, please.  :)

lol - Then those guys are straight BROKE!   :lol:    Ive had all of $0 in repairs so far

Edited by Out2gtcha