2003 series Cylon Raider

spacewolf

So... things were going swimmingly.... and then I noticed something.....a little detail I'd overlooked... on the lower engines there are two small thrusters shown...

ePmDcG9.jpg

They are never shown in the show but they are there... though not on the hero prop.

aupp2vy.jpg

Looking at the rear profile of what I'd built.... needs to be modified... :doh:

lAvt7eM.jpg

So... out with more strips and planking over the planking...

FGIPoqs.jpg

And after filing, sanding and grumbling... a much more acceptable profile

6QVfs0y.jpg

A trip to the hobby store, various sizes of brass tube and some imagination ... I threw an assembly together that vaguely resembled the thruster.. I find brass is like a very hard plastic... haven't really worked with it before, but with a small lathe this could be fun !

RZtGV5f.jpg

I drilled a couple of holes in the engine side and did a test fit....

SwqSRfY.jpg

Me thinks this will look ok !

HSlf9NV.jpg

TDb2REX.jpg

Edited by spacewolf

Symmetry is a bear Dan... and getting things exactly right can drive one nuts... but then, those of us with AMS are already well on our way so... :whistle: ... as for doing it right ?... I refuse to tell anyone where the screw ups are !! :evil_laugh:

Vaughn

I remember reading somewhere, that the difference between a good modeler and a great modeler, is that the great modeler doesn't show his mistakes.

Wow, how did I miss this one Vaughn? This is most impressive. Thanks for showing the skill set. Ha. I love this subject a lot. Awesome job so far.

Regards,

Troy

Hey Try, easy enough to miss... there are so many great people and amazing builds it's too much to keep up on everything... we'd get no modeling done !!

Glad you are enjoying the ride !

Cheers

Vaughn