Revell/Lodela 1/32 Typhoon MK1B

Shawn M

It will all be worth it when you see the finished article, I rescribed a load of old Revell kits and while it was a struggle at times it was worth it in the end, then build a nice well engineered modern kit as a tonic, I think mine was a Hasegawa 109.

Cheers

Dennis

Edited by dennismcc

Tidied up the 2nd fuse half a bit and added some surface details.

While in the process I scribed then opened up the boarding foot step hole and modified the Hobby Craft step to work in the Typhoon.

The tail wheel provided is the later "anti shimmy" unit and this should have a bog standard tail wheel on it.

Again the Hobby Craft bit is perfect but I dont think I can free it from the tail gear fork with out marring it too  badly.

So....to the spares box where I found a perfect tail wheel, now to figure out an axle.

out of no where inspiration found me last night

I glued the armor plate to the rear framwork.I completed the build of rudder pedals, pedal assembly and attached it to the floor boards.

I skinned out the door and gave it some thickness on the inside panel while removing the "guide work" for the window as mine will be open.

I figured out how I was going to add the control yoke and added the bar on the floor assembly as well as the elevator rod to tie it all in.

Last thing I did was cut the compass from the IP and started scribing in some detail.

Progress feels damn good

I found this photo online, no attribution, posted under fair use. It's of the early Typhoon with the solid rear fairing behind the canopy but I'm not sure how much it changed in subsequent production. It's a start anyway...

Typhoon%20door_zpsqiwum9vj.jpg

Edited by R Palimaka

I made some time yesterday and finished the other half of the fuse, all scribed in!

Not as perfect as the first :(  but still ok enough

Tidied up the 2nd fuse half a bit and added some surface details.

While in the process I scribed then opened up the boarding foot step hole and modified the Hobby Craft step to work in the Typhoon.

The tail wheel provided is the later "anti shimmy" unit and this should have a bog standard tail wheel on it.

Again the Hobby Craft bit is perfect but I dont think I can free it from the tail gear fork with out marring it too  badly.

So....to the spares box where I found a perfect tail wheel, now to figure out an axle.

out of no where inspiration found me last night

I glued the armor plate to the rear framwork.I completed the build of rudder pedals, pedal assembly and attached it to the floor boards.

I skinned out the door and gave it some thickness on the inside panel while removing the "guide work" for the window as mine will be open.

I figured out how I was going to add the control yoke and added the bar on the floor assembly as well as the elevator rod to tie it all in.

Last thing I did was cut the compass from the IP and started scribing in some detail.

Progress feels damn good

What is the saying : " pics, or it did not happen " ? :whistle:

:)

Hubert

Yes there are two types, here is a link to a series of photos over at HS of the X one, there is a photo of the circle one in "The Typhoon and Tempest Story" by Chris Thomas and Christopher Shores.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/149674/thread/1264832037/Hawker+typhoon+car+door+question

Chris Thomas hangs out on Britmodeller and he is very good at answering questions on the Typhoon, maybe ask over there.

Just found a photo of the "round" one here http://relojdeavion.es/TYPHOON%20in.html

Cheers

Dennis

Edited by dennismcc