Czech Model T-33A - done!

Viking73

Hi Guys,

This one is finally all done and off the bench.  This kit fought me at every step of the build, perhaps the worst fitting model kit I've ever attempted/finished as I know some others have stated here!  Even the canopy didn't fit in the closed position very well despite all my grinding and sanding.  I really need a break with a something a bit easier now.

I was glad to add the wonderful Fox 3 resin stuff to correct the items that Czech Model forgot or ignored.  About the last thing I added to the kit was the fuel dump "saber drain" on the rear of the right side of the fuselage.  It's not included in the kit either of course.  I think the excellent AMS Resin under wing stores and Master Details pilot figures add a lot of interest to the build.

All in all, I'm happy to add this to my collection as my first completed 1/32 kit.  I won't be my last!   I have the KH F-86D and Revell (Q)F-4G in the stash now.

Thanks for looking everyone, I really enjoyed doing my a WIP thread here.

-Derek

IMG_3532-CROP_zpsmjihuskb.jpg

IMG_3483-CROP_zpsmearlq1k.jpg

IMG_3484-CROP_zpsksnmclou.jpg

IMG_3497-CROP_zpskioao0e6.jpg

IMG_3515-CROP_zpsamqdyypj.jpg

IMG_3518-CROP_zpsabqjdmxx.jpg

IMG_3531-CROP_zps4xaypqrg.jpg

IMG_3476-CROP_zpsrsjivfev.jpg

Well done...Think by now everyone knows how difficult this kit can be,You did a better than great job. :clap2:  :clap2:  :clap2:  :clap2:

First time I've seen the AMS under-wing items used in a build..Mastered those quite a while back and sent them to Harold for cast up.look pretty darn good even if I say so myself.  :coolio:

Cheers,William.

Thanks for all the kind words gents. I really appreciate it.

William - the chaff and jamming pod were nicely done. Great work. You are right, you don't see them on many T-33 builds in any scale.

Kevin - if you think it's good enough, please feel free to publish it.

-Derek