Tamiya F-16CJ 55th FS "Operation Unified Protector 2011"

Delayar

Peter: Thank you!

As for the JHMCS sensor, the height would be 5.7mm. (The original beeing 18.24cm high)

The first attempt at prining such a small part at the fablab was not very successfull. Maybe I will try a commercfial printing service, or simply scratchbuild the part.

Anyway, I painted the aircraft.

First, I preshaded the whole airframe.

F-16CM_55th_062.jpg

Then it was time for some color. I used Gunze acrylics. I added a little bit of black to the gunship grey, since the Gunze color seemed a little bit too light to me.

For the radome I made my own mix, according to the reference pics. I can't remember, which colors I used, since I painted the radome a few months ago, but I think the base color was gunze H317 (FS36231) ;-)

F-16CM_55th_063.jpg

The stabs, flaps, missile launchers and radome are just dry fitted, I wanted to see how it looks so far.

By now everything (except the stores, which are not yet finished) is gloss coated and awaiting the decals.

Cheers,

Markus

Edited by Delayar

Thank you.

I don't like strong preshading, a subtle one does look more like the real thing. Also in the reference pictures the aircraft doesn't seem to be very worn, just a bit dirty on some spots on the radome and on the belly.

Cheers,

Markus

Started with decaling.

F-16CM_55th_064.jpg

The tailmarkings are from the Afterburner sheet "Shaw Shooters". I spliced the airframe registration number from two of the included.

I used 91-0382 as a basis and the 9 came from 91-0346, with the six turned around.

Stencils will come from the Speed Hunter Graphics "Big Scale Vipers" Sheet.

Cheers,

Markus

Edited by Delayar