Jump to content

Delayar

LSP_Members
  • Content Count

    177
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Delayar

  • Rank
    LSP Junkie

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Vienna, Austria
  1. Hi! Thanks for the reminder. here is how I did it: 1. Drill holes (0.5mm) through the bullet. 2. Thread the rigging material through the bullet as shown. It should slide easily through the holes of the bullet. 3. Drill holes through the cabane struts at the joint of the top wing. Glue the rigging at the lower end of the struts. 4. Thread the rigging through the holes in the cabane strut. Pull it tight, until the bullet sits in the (vertical) center. Don't pull it so tight that you can't pull it any further. Just so that the rigging is taut. Glue the rigging at the cabane struts. 5. Push the bullet upward into the final position. Put tiny drops of superglue where the rigging exits the bullet. This works with elastic rigging. With fishing line or similar unelastic material you have to choose another approach. Cheers, Markus
  2. The aircraft is not yet in the RFI section, because I decided to make alittle vignette. I ordered a grass mat from Polak models Elan13 pilot and mechanic figure: Cheers, Markus
  3. Here is the first picture of the finished aircraft: More to follow... Cheers, Markus
  4. Thanks! for the blue I mixed Tamiya XF-8 (flat blue) and XF-2 (flat white) at about 1:1 Cheers, Markus
  5. Hi! The WNW instructions give the colour of the gun jacks as Battleship Grey for this aircraft. But generally speaking, you are right ;-) Cheers, Markus
  6. OK, yesterday I took some time and started with the rigging. I used EZ-line for the control wires and Prym knitting elastic for the aerodynamic wire: I also attached the undercarriage. I am also quite satisfied how the bullet above the guns turned out: Cheers, Markus
  7. I forgot to post the progress during the last weeks, and I am goning slow anyhow. However, after the cockpit was completed, I painted the fuselage parts. I used Uschi's wood grain decals on the wooden side panels and the decking. The fuselage was assembled. Decals and decking added: Contrary to the instructions, I used the full windsceen. As the aircraft has no aldis sight, the split windscreen makes no sense. Unfortunately, during the removal of the windscreen part from the parts tree, some fissures happende, resulting in some inperfections on the clear part. After some more decaling and weathering, the engine went on: That is where it stands now. Next up is the rigging, which scares me a little bit. ;-) Cheers, Markus
  8. Wow! Great conversion and great build! Cheers, Markus
  9. It is my first WNW model. The detail and fit out of the box are great. Cheers, Markus
  10. Hi again, The first attempts at rigging (done with EZ line): Wood grain decals are also applied. Now it was time to rig the control lines and assemble the cokpit: The gun barrels are only dry fitted. A pity most of this will be hard to be seen once all is assembled. Cheers, Markus
  11. At last, some updates. I continued with the cokpit. I decided againts the wood effect inside, because it will be barely visible. The instrument panel: With ammo and carburetor intake: Fuel tank with kit seat and HGW seatbelts: Machine guns: And the sidewalls: The cabane struts will receive wood grain decals. Cheers, Markus
  12. Looks great! Cheers, Markus
×
×
  • Create New...