My HB Mk.Vb/ Trop

A little work done today, first up the Quickboost stabilizers which look really good and are equaly a great fit and easy to clean up..........

20160317_104044_zpscbq36rvr.jpg

Also sanded off and replaced the aerial base with plastic card........if only other manufacturers took Tamiya's route on this part and supply a separate insert.

20160317_153129_zpsrgohzts8.jpg

Slowly working my way through the last few bits and pieces prior to paint.

Regards. Andy

Working my way through the last bits and pieces of the build prior to some paint today, first off I fitted the wheel hub covers kindly supplied to me by Guy to the Barracuda wheels and then added brake lines to the struts.........

20160324_195813_zpsr3ut7ryi.jpg

Next up I started on the AMP prop set which is so impressively cast, however one difficulty with this upgrade is the fact the spinner is solid but a montex style mask with a centre point is supplied to help with this except its to big...........

20160324_170009_zpsoztzfbn8.jpg

I got the centre point as close as possible but then you also have to then drill perpectly square which is impossible by hand on such a part so I drilled 0.5mm oversize to allow a little adjustment when fitted, this is what it looks like when offered up and pretty happy.........

20160324_193007_zpsl1zyh5j7.jpg

Then a little bit of a disaster when while removing the canopy from the sprue it cracked.......man, the HB clear seems very brittle, I glued the crack then sanded, polished and futured but really not happy..........

20160324_194333_zpslp8pldk6.jpg

Any ideas on how to help that crack go away or be far reduced would be great guys.

Happy Easter to you all.

Regards. Andy

Sadly I can think of no answer to that one Andy, that's a damned nuisance though I've never understood why clear plastic is such a different consistency to "normal" plastic. Any chances of getting a replacement from somewhere I wonder, fingers crossed for you. It could be possible to "plunge mould" a new one using the cracked one as a former, I made a Bristol turret for an Anson by plunge moulding though it took several attempts to get an acceptable result.

Max

Edited by mozart

Happy Easter Andy.

Sorry to see the issue with your canopy.

Happy Easter Andy!

I do have a spare I can send you. Let me know if you'd like it.

Shipping might be a bear though.

Carl

Carl, if Andy does n't get his canopy fixed I have a Hasegawa spare I could let him have and the postage would n't be an issue.

Don't know how well the Hasegawa version would fit this kit though. :hmmm:

Let me know what you guys sort out.

Cheers.

Happy Easter Andy.

Sorry to see the issue with your canopy.

Carl, if Andy does n't get his canopy fixed I have a Hasegawa spare I could let him have and the postage would n't be an issue.

Don't know how well the Hasegawa version would fit this kit though. :hmmm:

Let me know what you guys sort out.

Cheers.

Thank you so much for your very kind offers gentlemen, unfortunately I believe the Tamiya part wont fit due to HB having a bit of a shape issue in the upper fuselage/ cockpit area with it being to wide and rounded but we'll gloss over that issue!!

I'm not sure what to do on this one but first I'm thinking of contacting the UK distributor and see if they can help on this one first up :hmmm: 

Regards. Andy 

In the meantime, I have decided its time to move on to getting some paint on........first up time for some primer........

20160326_114312_zpskyj7quzl.jpg

Very happy with the grafted on Tamiya windshield, definitely the easier option after seeing the HpH set Dennis is using.

After a pre shade I then went for a home bru version of Azure Blue.........

20160326_212244_zpsgybopzef.jpg

That's it now for a few days, interested to hear what you think about my shade of Azure Blue in the meantime though.

Regards. Andy