My HB Mk.Vb/ Trop

That's some tremendous progress Andy. The cockpit looks superb, nice and busy.

What makes you think she'll be the ugly sister? The actual looks of the airframe or the look of the kit?

I'm very eager to see that lovely cammo scheme going on. Looking forward to more progress in due course.

Cheers.

That's some tremendous progress Andy. The cockpit looks superb, nice and busy.

What makes you think she'll be the ugly sister? The actual looks of the airframe or the look of the kit?

I'm very eager to see that lovely cammo scheme going on. Looking forward to more progress in due course.

Cheers.

The kit is great Guy, the trop Spit is kind of ugly but good looking at the same time.......if that make's sense?

One thing I have noticed while handling the Hobby Boss airframe as it has gone together is the plastic seems very thin and flimsy.......

Regards. Andy

From what I understand HB have got the armored screen wrong going for an external armoured screen instead of internal........my question is apart from the HpH update set which I have managed to track down, does anyone have any ideas on modifying the kit part and not spending a fortune or any other clevr ideas........any help on this one would bee gratefully appreciated.

Regards. Andy

Looks good so far Andy.

As for the windscreen, I'm wondering if a Tamiya IX one would be suitable as a replacement? If so, I have a spare one I could send you.

Carl

There is a build on here where a Tamiya windscreen was used, I'll try and dig it out, found it

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=37544

Cheers

Dennis

Looks good so far Andy.

As for the windscreen, I'm wondering if a Tamiya IX one would be suitable as a replacement? If so, I have a spare one I could send you.

Carl

Thank you for that Carl, I will drop you a PM shortly.

Regards. Andy

• 2 weeks later...

Decided to add the raised rivet detail on the fuselage aft of he cockpit so out with the Archer resin decals and following a couple of pictures I soon managed to get to this point.......

20160315_203333_zpsdhz1ukco.jpg

Really like using these decals, very easy to use and give great results.

Also today I received from Carl a replacement Tamiya screen to replace the incorrect Hobby Boss part, here's a shot of the two together for comparison......

20160315_185624_zpskjtiwymv.jpg

But with a little care should fit quite nicely........

20160315_185802_zpsh04bf0ex.jpg

Also today I received my replacement resin prop, not sure how I stumbled across this one but what a massive improvement over the kit parts........

20160315_184721_001_zpshxet4tdq.jpg

Update parts on the left and kit parts on the right.......

20160315_185310_zpsjnv3g2mk.jpg

Some good progress and another step closer to some primer on this one over the weekend.

Regards. Andy

Well done Andy, further thoughtful progress. What a massive difference that corrected prop is going to make! It's in the same league as a Cutting Edge correction set for spinners, blades and nacelles for a Revell/Monogram Bf110G4 - the OOB parts are passable but when put alongside the accurate stuff, the difference beggars belief!

Max