Revell Spitfire MKIIa

ollieholmes

Ill be starting my entry for this one in the new year using the Revell kit. Im not sure what i will do in terms of paint scheme but it may well be the kit option for P7849 based at RAF Fowlmere which is not a million miles from where i live. I will be adding some after market parts to the kit, namely the Eduard Brassin cockpit set along with SAC undercarriage legs and resin wheels.

If i get time i plan also to have a crack at the Revell MK22/24 kit.

Edited by ollieholmes

Nice job Ollie. The new Revell kit is ok. With your aftermarket parts it should be great. The wheels are ripe for replacement so that's definitely a good choice.

I've read that the older Mk22/24 kit is a bit of a difficult build so if you get that far, I'll be interested to see your take on it.

Cheers.

Since I'm also building the Revell II kit, I'll be interested to see what you think of it Ollie. Guy summed it up by saying "it's ok"...after a careful look yesterday it's no more than ok but its price reflects that I guess.

Max

Nice job Ollie. The new Revell kit is ok. With your aftermarket parts it should be great. The wheels are ripe for replacement so that's definitely a good choice.

I've read that the older Mk22/24 kit is a bit of a difficult build so if you get that far, I'll be interested to see your take on it.

Cheers.

Im not going to go crazy for after market but a cockpit set and wheels will make a difference i hope. I may go with the gun bay set as it would look nice with them open.

As for the Mk22/24 ive built two before (one i converted into a Seafire 47) and its not an easy build but im looking forward to the challenge. I will be adding the Iconair cowling set as thats one area i feel is a let down. Im also considering resin wheels, brass gun barrels from Master models and maybe even a resin cockpit from mastercasters. Decals will come from Xtradecal as i do fancy having a crack an a natural metal scheme, brave i know.

Since I'm also building the Revell II kit, I'll be interested to see what you think of it Ollie. Guy summed it up by saying "it's ok"...after a careful look yesterday it's no more than ok but its price reflects that I guess.

Max

I dont mind spending £20 or so on a kit and a bit on after market to improve a kit. I dont like spending £100+ on a kit and still needing after market. Ill be correcting a few inaccuracies but not going crazy.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...