War-Weary Seahorse A6M2-N 1945

Out2gtcha

OH MY !!!

Brian she looks FANTASTIC. Im sitting there trying to pick up my lower jaw from my lap. Beautiful weathering and finish my friend. Don't build clean and shiny models anymore, take it from me

Karim

Brian, I've been following this build along, and it looks absolutely beautiful now that it's all together.  Your weathering and painting is spot on buddy.  Looks like it was left in some lagoon somewhere, to be discovered by American forces at the end of the war.

One question though, on the rudder, it looks like the paint is chipped?  Would it have chipped on the fabric surface?  Nothing against your work, just a question about that

Matt  :frantic:

Thanks guys!   Very kind of you all to say.  Im not sure about the best ever moniker but Ill take the sentiment!  

Matt, as to the chipped paint on the tail.........

I fI read about early Zeros and some Rufes that had some primer under the factory schemes that tended to come off in certain conditions, and it flaked off more so on the fabric surfaces than the metal ones.

Some of those areas actually got over-painted by the Japanese crews when putting on certain "field applied: camos, so that is what I was attempting to replicate.

I may have gone  a bit too stark with it however. Fortunately that starkness is really only apparent when you are up very close and personal.

Thanks again guys for all the kind words, it really does  mean a lot.

• 1 month later...

One of the most realistic models I've had the pleasure of seeing.

Thanks for the very kind words!  Im not sure its the best I have to give, and definitely not the best on this site, but I sure appreciate the words. 

I keep coming back to this build time and time again. The paint job has such incredible depth and the overall look closely resembles what I'm trying to achieve myself. Thank you for the inspiration!

Cheers,

Erik

Thanks Erik! Very kind of you to say. This was all just an experiment, but turned out well in the end I think.   Thanks again!