1/16 panzer 38t COMPLETED, New Pictures.

TonyT

Working on it, I have been painting the turret and some of the myriad of accessories I have for it, which I have popped on to give you the idea of what I'm looking at.

It will be when finished in the Russian front post winter scheme where the remnants of the previous whitewash coating is still visible over the panzer grey. It will have more white on the hull then mud, lots and lots of lovely mud :) The turret is painted, but these shots were quick ones in a poorly lit room, so I will do better ones when I get time?

TANK%20main-7_zpsphx4r9ff.jpg

Edited by TonyT

Looking good Tony :) , the only thing I would caution is that the stowage at this point is covering the intakes on the rear deck and the would cause overheating of the engine, so keep that in mind when you're ready to glue it all down. As you can see in Martin's pic above, they always tried to leave room for intake air

Keep up the great work.

Paul

• 3 weeks later...

OK, Just an update, still not finished and  really poor pictures taken on a throw, but i think you will get the gist of how it may look, still not sure about the figure though and he may change, along with adding a driver, awaiting metal tracks hence none fitted, intending to do a base for it too.. I need to add more mud over the boxes and the engine covers to tie them into the model and add some ropes to lash everything down. I also have chains for the smokebox and on the tow hitch. :)

Tank%20update-4_zpsjpbftc6u.jpg

Edited by TonyT

Ok Update 2. more really crappy pictures, trying to consolidate the back end and have added some chains, starting handle, a pin and chain for the towing hitch, and also supports for the big tarp roll that would be used as a hide, I have also used some of the left over etch to make a crude frame to support a debogging log, which I have chopped out of a bit of timber, shaped and started to weather it. Additionally I have started to key in the mud etc, these are quick shots this time using a decorators cover LOL. I still need to add a few bits to the front, but I cannot make up my mind about the figures, it needs a driver that's for sure. and iv'e started the tracks. evident by all the holes in the end of my fingers.....

Now the down side, I have heart surgery on Wednesday, so hopefully I will be  back to continuing with it later on in the week :doh: :hmmm:

Tank%202-3_zps5s69ocfg.jpg

BTW all done with a hairy stick.... :innocent:

Edited by TonyT

Hi guys,

Ok a small update, I have added a metal tack, this has been painted but isn't finished, I have also knocked up and added a ranging rod you see on artillery pieces to add a little colour at the rear, various parts have been tweaked including adding a new figure that came assembled, so I broke his arms off and repositioned them to suit the tank and chopped of a thumb and made a new one.. it's sort of coming together, hope you like the new pictures I have taken, they give you a better feel for how it is now :)

The additions to the basic tank list as

Metal tracks,

Helmets,

Jerry cans,

Stowage tray, chains, boxes, tarp and rods

Tow cable,

Figure

Wooden sleeper and brackets.

hope you like the new pics :innocent:

Model%20update%203-7_zpsmaodw1k0.jpg

Model%20update%203-3_zps4yepceal.jpg

Model%20update%203-4_zpsznvutg9a.jpg