Leading Edge Decals

K5IKL

I want to get some 32nd F-104 decals from Leading Edge.  Their website comes up but

the home page is blank.  Are they still around?

This is the link I have.    http://www.lemdecal.com/

And this is the same one Google comes up with.

Cheers,

Jerry  :piliot:

Edited by K5IKL

Guest Clunkmeister

As far as I know they are. I bought a bunch of sets from them over the last few years and never had an issue.

The website was fine a couple weeks ago.

Hmmm...

Just tried it and the wallpaper is there, just no print. Maybe a server issue?

Which ones are you looking for? I can check tomorrow at Wheels and Wings when I'm there. They carry Leading Edge.

Carl

Thanks Carl.  Really didn't know just what I was looking for but remembered Leading Edge having Canadian F-104

decals.  However, I have been advised to go with Canuck Decals and they do have a pretty good selection.

Cheers,

Jerry  :piliot:

Dave had that 33% off sale for weeks when his site was up and running. I think that was indication that he was trying to clear out inventory. Now it looks like you can only buy from him on his eBay store. Along came David Winter and Canuck Model Products providing high quality decals of Canadian subjects that, quite frankly, neglected modellers wanted for years. Maybe the writing was on the wall, who knows. I bumped into Dave several times over the years. I always had a nice chat with him, but he always seemed to hum and haw about the industry, modellers, yada yada yada. Hey, we all have the choice and ability to change direction and go do something else. If he has decided to move on then a big THANK YOU from me for decals that I did use as well as many, many other modellers.

Just had a look at Hannants: they are showing Leading Edge decals as "limited availability": this may be significant, or may be for another reason entirely.

http://www.hannants.co.uk/search/index.php?product_category_id=&product_division_id=&manufacturer_id=8086&code=&product_type_id=&scale_id=&keyword_search=&setPerPage=25&currency_id=

[Edit: why does one never spot the typo before hitting "Post"??]

Edited by MikeC

Guest Clunkmeister

Uh oh. Time to stock up. Anyone wanting that CF-18 or 104 better jump on it.

They also make Voodoo decals and awesome Canadian P-51 decals to build aircraft from Reserve units in the 50s.

Edited by Clunkmeister

Ernie, I think their decal sheets have always been limited run. A few he has reprinted but mostly they seem to be one run. At least the special CF-18 ones only seen to show up once especially in 1/32 scale.

As TBC mentioned, Canuck Decals seems to have picked up the mandate of doing RCAF subjects.

Carl

Guest Clunkmeister

Decal fluid?

Just hit the whole sheet with clearcoat before you cut them out and wet them. That keeps them from coming apart if you're careful, at least for me..

i had some problems with disintegrating Eagle decals yesterday. IIRC there is a decal fluid one can paint on?

Decal fluid?

Just hit the whole sheet with clearcoat before you cut them out and wet them. That keeps them from coming apart if you're careful, at least for me..

I have a small bottle of the MicroScale decal fluid. Although I have used clear gloss to good effect, its a bit stiffer in the end the the MS decal solution..................also if you dont want as much particulate as the rattle cans have, and/or no access to an airbrush, the MS decal fluid is VERY self leveling, and can easily be brushed on by hand with almost 0 brush marks.

i had some problems with disintegrating Eagle decals yesterday. IIRC there is a decal fluid one can paint on?

You describe; Micro liquid film. Best laid on heavy with a flat wide brush. It has a high alcohol content so dries thin.

Be sure to only apply to decal you are to use "as you go" since it will harden after 20 minutes.