Mals Way, Corsair, USS Bunker Hill, Carrier Deck, Part II.

Thanks all for them kimd words.

Now rest eyes...adjustements later on them washes...the engine wont be to clean and new and wont be to dirty and worn...just between...that is in use..some grease and oilgunk its a must...got a picture in my head...

/Mal

Edited by Mal_Belford

Thanks Ringleheim for them kind words...yes it looks something delicat on michelin star resturant lol...

Now im getting closer for the cowling flaps.....ive swn it in fuselage camo color, natural, green, but ive ran in to a pic but cant find it it ia in salmon red oxide....need confirmation that they exist..im not shure..if so im in for oxide red on them.....

Please fill in.

/Mal

Thanks David.

Them pictures are interesting indeed, im in for that...also yes ill take that in notice...Black training codes, i noted them insignias on the traine are on both wingtips .

Someone explain.

/Mal

Perhaps not an explanation, more of an observation: By around the May 1943 time frame the Navy decided to dispense with national insignia in four positions. I base this on rollout pictures of the 1st Goodyear FG-1, which was too late to be painted in the earlier scheme of Blue Gray and Light Gray (as seen on Vought and Brewster Corsairs). It clearly had insignia in only 2 positions on the wing; port upper, and starboard underside. For some reason Goodyear positioned the national insignia further forward on the fuselage than Vought. Not sure why.

Black training codes are more of the exception to the rule, but i have seen VF-17 Corsairs with them. I like black codes mainly because you never see anyone else do them.

Just my 2 Kroners...

d-shock

Tom.

As primer i used Tamiya X1 Gloss black, as a base for Alclad, traditional Primer is not neccecary for this i Think, but matter of taste, i hardly never prime cockpits, Engines and so on since want to

keep details IF the fit is perfect and tight and nice and no flaws, but it depends on what work and so on, if alot of scratching with plastic card then yes i go for primer...

the fishing line Classic single nylon, eas of use for this Project since it need to be moved/bend alot and thu holes and all that Before final Place.

/Mal

Thanks for the tip! I was just wondering how well the paint adheres to that monofilament. I am building an A6M2 (like the one you just built) and I used lead wire for my wiring. Since I don't like to use enamels anymore (due to the long drying times), I laid on a coat of Mr. Surfacer 500 by brush first, because I plan to use Vallejo acrylics to paint those wires. I figured it would help the paint stick better. 

Excellent work!

Tom

Tom.

I painted them ignition wires with Tamiya own brew and few drop of retarder and a drop or teo of isop in it...so it dont lumps up cause drying to fast and get thick.

Also got sick...no build...40c for the moment.....hopefully tomorrow...so damm booring...lol havibg fewer like this is a weird feeling of being drunk but not...

/Mal

Edited by Mal_Belford

Mal--

That's the same technique I use when brush painting with both Tamiya and Mr. Color. I use that Mr. Color Leveling Thinner, and man, those Tamiya paints spray real nice with that stuff!

Thanks and get well soon! I enjoy following your builds; you have given me great inspiration!

Tom