"U.B-Crazy" - Ukrainian Su-27UB Splinter

FunkyZeit

Well guys... I've drooled over this kit for a long time and I've recently even entertained the thought of selling it.. Dumb idea! Instead, I'm going to build it. I've had a few Trumpeter meltdowns in the past and I imagine this will likely be the same, though this does look better engineered than the last kit that's been put away for another day (su-25). Kits that are poorly engineered and with vertical fuselage halves don't really agree with me. The idea this time will be to slow down and not get "get-done-itis", which many of us suffer from.

The Kit:

image_zpsmlmza8m4.jpg

The Parts:

image_zps5upr2lmn.jpg

Aftermarket:

All of it!
Zacto Intakes
Zacto ECM
Zacto Nose
Zacto Alamo B x2
Zacto Alamo C x4
Zacto Archer x2
Zacto full pylon set
Aires Wheel bay
Wolf Pack cockpit (seats, tub, panels, shields)
MasterCaster wheels
Begemot stencils
Eduard intakes
Eduard exterior
Eduard masks

Eduard Interior

I may also get eduard seats as I quite like the PE belts and add-ons and possibly the Aires Exhausts, although the kit exhausts are nearly the same. I will also need a pair of ladders for the kit and a towbar which i'll likely need to scratch unless someone has some ideas.

My last work was:

c5e77d13-32e7-4057-a727-1781991c570b_zps

And after a long break it's time to start again.

Justin

Edited by FunkyZeit

Guest Peterpools

Justin

Just take your time and enjoy the journey. Surely this is going to be one fantastic build and you are absolutely loaded for bear. I was wondering when you were going to get back in the saddle again and work your magic.

Looking forward to following your progress all the way through

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Wow guys! Didn't think that this was going to spark so much interest. I really appreciate it!

Justin

Just take your time and enjoy the journey. Surely this is going to be one fantastic build and you are absolutely loaded for bear. I was wondering when you were going to get back in the saddle again and work your magic.

Looking forward to following your progress all the way through

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Pete: Thanks for the support sir! Glad to be back. Had a big meltdown with a Su-25 and took a month or so break as sometimes big let-downs can break a mans confidence.

Sure you have enough extras there?...  :mental: :D

Will be watching closely Sir...

Wazza: Thanks! And yes, nothing was spared here except a few things i'll have to decide on when I get to that part in the build

Wow, that's a serious collection of aftermarket! Should be fun to follow.

Kev

Kev: Hope you enjoy!

You'll the Zacto stuff !........Harv :popcorn:

Harv: Thanks! I've taken a look at the parts, specifically the missiles and it was nice to see the fins not warped like another company i've bought resin from..

This promises to be a great build ;)

Loic: Thanks for checkin in sir!

Nice set of goodies, Northstar Models have just released a set of ladders, they also make a superb etch and resin exhaust set http://northstarmodels.com/product-category/1-32/

Kage: I've just check out the site you linked and those look perfect. Brian used a set similar to these, and it looks insane on his MKK. Thank you!

Awesome!     I used the infamous Pitz cans on mine, but the Northstar stuff looks right up there with it.

Lookin forward to more!

Brian: Hey sir! I'll definitely need to contact you about these Northstar cans when the time comes, so you can skip me having to buy 2 sets ;)

Looking foward to this, may I say your F-16 is simply stunning :goodjob:

Regards. Andy

Andy: Thanks for checking in! And thanks for the nice words about my f-16. If I can guess, this Trumpeter will not be easy to build like that 16 was.

Thanks gents! I haven't chosen the exact plane but "blue 69" before it got painted will probably be the one, a friend said there are multiple splinter UB airplanes on that sheet from Lindenhill so I'll have to see when I get it.

Justin

Edited by FunkyZeit

Gotta put this on hold as my company needs me to go to Toronto for sim support for some newbies. Gives me a chance to order the eduard parts I'll need. I'll be around but no progress for a week or 2 :( keep an eye out on here.

Justin

Sorry guys