You will not see this one every day... 1/400 Hr. Ms. Karel Doorman

322SqnNL

The chosen configuration is 1962, release of the kit was (I think) somewhere in the year 2001 with the first of a 2 part article printed in the first Dutch IMPS mag of 2002 (which states that these were THE last Heller kits available). Extras are:

- 75 resin parts

- 175 etched metal parts

- 1 diagonal (blame Google Translate)

- 1 round messing rod

- 2 sheets styrene

- decal sheet with 115 decals

The numerical certificate

IMAG18111_zpsuuekjija.jpg

Edited by 322SqnNL

Never seen this kit. Which brand is this?

Ubi sunt tempora? Nowadays the Dutch naval air arm is not even able to patrol its own coasts...

- dutik

oh, how could it be??? oh wait, all the dutch orion aircraft were sold to the german navy, now isn't THAT interesting?........no offence!!

(correction, i recall some of the aircraft being sold to portugal?)

Way to go dutch ministery of defence!!!

ok, i'll stop the rant here.....i'll behave.....

Edited by Jack

Jack,

it could of been worse, you could have spent billions on your "new" MRA then publicly chopped them up before they made it into service...

NOW, THIS makes sence......but then again, things have been set into motion, aaah well.....

oh, how could it be??? oh wait, all the dutch orion aircraft were sold to the german navy, now isn't THAT interesting?........no offence!!

(correction, i recall some of the aircraft being sold to portugal?)

Way to go dutch ministery of defence!!!

ok, i'll stop the rant here.....i'll behave.....

Yep, they had up to 13 Orions patrol aircraft until 2005. Nowadays just two tiny Do-225...

But thats nothing to throw stones at. The Royal Navy (UK) of our days is unable even to provide SAR choppers, and the German Marineflieger have just a single Seaking ready for the whole(!) North sea and Baltic areas... :deadhorse:

Time to launch one more flattop. At least a tiny one :goodjob:

- dutik

Yep, they had up to 13 Orions patrol aircraft until 2005. Nowadays just two tiny Do-225...

But thats nothing to throw stones at. The Royal Navy (UK) of our days is unable even to provide SAR choppers, and the German Marineflieger have just a single Seaking ready for the whole(!) North sea and Baltic areas... :deadhorse:

Time to launch one more flattop. At least a tiny one :goodjob:

- dutik

This SAR chopper problem also extending to the Dutch Navy, apparently they found a few design issues that need rectification which is delaying production and operations. Ever since TSR2 things have not been the same in the UK :doh:

Had to add small amounts of putty to the rear section where a few parts were glued on that didn't fit quite well. Several other areas also required attention and filling so for now the main area of attention is the hull.