Felixstowe!

Gisbod

That's really looking great Guy. I have to admit I like your approach to the color of the wood better than mine. When I compare pictures of yours to mine, mine is way too dark. This really looks more like mahogany.

Are you using the Gaspatch turnbuckles? I've just ordered a bunch for mine. I've never sued them before so I'll have to play around with them. What did you use to crimp off the ends of your lines where they loop through the turnbuckle? I'm looking around for some 30 gage or smaller single conductor wire to strip the insulation from but haven't had any luck so far.

Cheers

Mike

That's really looking great Guy. I have to admit I like your approach to the color of the wood better than mine. When I compare pictures of yours to mine, mine is way too dark. This really looks more like mahogany.

Are you using the Gaspatch turnbuckles? I've just ordered a bunch for mine. I've never sued them before so I'll have to play around with them. What did you use to crimp off the ends of your lines where they loop through the turnbuckle? I'm looking around for some 30 gage or smaller single conductor wire to strip the insulation from but haven't had any luck so far.

Cheers

Mike

Mike, I found 30 gage at Radio Shack - it's called wrapping wire. You can also find it here...

http://www.amazon.com/Kanthal-Gauge-100ft-254mm-Resistance/dp/B00D9FPCLK

Great info Bill. Thanks for letting me know. Was that online or at a store? I went to the store in Geneseo to see what they had and the person working there had no clue what I was asking for. I hunted around on my own but didn't find anything.

I'll check online and see what they have. Thanks for the heads-up.

Cheers

Mike

Cheers

Mike

Hi again Mike, I'm using the Gaspatch turnbuckles just for the ones mid line, but for the attachment points - they'll all be good old Bob's Buckles - I much prefer them - the Gaspatch ones are great, but very difficult to perfectly align with the rigging in my experience.

The line on mine is fishing line looped through brass tube and superglued then cut - hope that helps?

Yours looks great and coming along fast!

Cheers

Guy

Guy, Mike and Bill S  Following you guys on your build's and learning a lot, Thank you guys.  Guy this bird looks awesome, Like the removable top. 

Are you folks using 1/48 or 1/32 Gas patch turn buckles for your rigging?  Or 1/32 for rigging and 1/48 for ailerons and rudders?

@ Bill S  this wire you found,  30 gauge at Radio Shack - it's called wrapping wire.  Is it Flat wire?

You can also find it here...

http://www.amazon.co...e/dp/B00D9FPCLK

Cheers

Danny

Guy, Mike and Bill S  Following you guys on your build's and learning a lot, Thank you guys.  Guy this bird looks awesome, Like the removable top. 

Are you folks using 1/48 or 1/32 Gas patch turn buckles for your rigging?  Or 1/32 for rigging and 1/48 for ailerons and rudders?

@ Bill S  this wire you found,  30 gauge at Radio Shack - it's called wrapping wire.  Is it Flat wire?

You can also find it here...

http://www.amazon.co...e/dp/B00D9FPCLK

Cheers

Danny

No Danny - it's single strand insulated round wire. I've also found smaller diameters at craft store under "beading wire" Some of it is really hard to cut; it's steel. 

Hi guys,

I'm not into WW1 aircraft but this is a stunning, museum quality (and then some!) model that I will follow closely from now on. Stunning work, excellent wood, instruments and that gorgeous wood! Did I mention the wood? And the rigging! As an ex-RAF technician I can really appreciate your work, it reminds me of my days as an apprentice at Halton in the '60's where they still taught rigging skills.

Regards,

Bruce Crosby