Kitty Hawk OV-10 AM products

Out2gtcha

I also have just now heard back from Ernie G @ G-Factor models...................

Ernie states unequivocally that we will most definitely be getting some white brass G-Factor models gear for this baby!!!!     YAY!  That is indeed good news, as the OOB gear are quite difficult to put togehter and still get rid of the IP marks and seems. The weak point on the gear is also a bit of a concern, but I think with the overall light weight of the model, that wont necessarily be a factor. (no pun intended :lol: )

I need to figure out a couple more things with Ernie, and these should soon see the light of day.  Good news for all building the bucking Bronco!

Edited by Out2gtcha

I have been RACKING my brain trying to figure out what I left off the wanted AM list, for the OV-10 and I just now remembered what it was.............

An OV-10 canopy mask set!!!

With ALL of the nice clear glazing, it would be a shame not to have some nice Eduard pre-cut rice-paper masks. YES I know........................Tamiya tape works well for that (see my current build where I did exactly that) but with the size of the glass, and not wanting to be putting any pressure on the glazing itself for fear of cracking (ask me how I know THAT!) I think a pre-cut mask set for this baby would fit the bill VERY nicely.

Amen, Brother.  It'd be nice if they used an (untouched) museum example, like the D at the museum in Miramar.  A lot of the museum pieces aren't in "as operated" condition.  Sure, the D at Miramar is missing some displays, but it shouldn't be too hard to put two and two together.  

Ski

Gunner Mike,

I have pored over my DS Bronco reference pics, and the only photo I show of a D that might have M60s installed is below.  I emphasize the word might because I'm not 100% convinced, but even if VMO-2 did install them on the Ds (they definitely did on the As), it probably wasn't that common.  Photos of DS Bronco's "in country" are few and far between, at least as far as I can tell.  There's actually more photos taken Stateside after the end of hostilities of desert painted Broncos than there are of them in the sandbox.  At any rate, if you look at the D in the background (55473), to me it looks like there might be guns installed (not the longest pointy thing, that's the A's pitot tube.  The shorty one above it).  Pics are grainy, but they're the best I could do:

k6lkIt.jpg

k4CLKy.jpg

Now, just to round out the argument, here's the same A as above (55428) without guns.  This leads me to believe that guns were either a.) mission dependent, or b.) removed completely at some point in the war.  

4AQXnS.jpg

Not sure if any of this helps you, but it should be interesting to you at least!

Semper,

Ski

Edited by Usmcski

Gunner Mike,

I have pored over my DS Bronco reference pics, and the only photo I show of a D that might have M60s installed is below.  I emphasize the word might because I'm not 100% convinced, but even if VMO-2 did install them on the Ds (they definitely did on the As), it probably wasn't that common. 

It wasnt all that common but there were definitely some Ds that had the .60s mounted...................

3453038_original.jpg

I have other references, but Ill have to dig around for them. This one is in FL in teh NNAM, but I have other references from the early nineties from active duty D models. They were mostly VMO-4 birds that had teh .60 cals removed 90 - 93.

Edited by Out2gtcha

Brian,

Definitely.  I'm just saying that during Desert Shield/Storm, they prob weren't.  They were definitely part of the Ds mission kit.  But they might not have been worth the added weight (or perceived threat) to warrant carrying them.

Ski

Most of the pics I've seen of any model Bronco at Pendleton has them removed, unless other weapons are loaded.  When I was stationed at Pendleton, our aircraft guns were stored at the armory at MALS unless the helo squadron signed them out for the day's missions.  I didn't make it to Pendleton until after the Bronco retired, but I can only assume the same to be true for a VMO squadron.

Ski

Back on the topic of the thread..................

It appears I should have a couple  OV-10As in hand shortly........................Ive got some FM&P stuff to load one up (my build for a later date when Eduard/Aires/AMS/G-Factor and the like get some of the AM Id like for this bird).

The 2nd A model will be a demo/manufacturers display kit I will be building for Glen and KH to display at their tables. I think that one will most definitely be an OOB version like my D is. My OV-10A built at a later date will be loaded with as much AM as I can get.

Ernie from G-Factor will be pushing out a REALLY nice set of CAD/3D printed white brass gear for the OV-10, and I can WAIT to see how they look!

This should also take care of the seemingly inherent weak spot in the OOB gear.

I will also be able to share (with permission from Glen of course) the OOB schemes that come in the KH OV-10A as well.  Looks like I will be up to my eyeballs in Broncos for awhile!!   :lol: