Kitty Hawk OV-10 AM products

Out2gtcha

For your viewing pleasure...

http://store.spruebrothers.com/product_p/sac32093.htm

MM

Woohoo! Just bought two sets!

Hmmmm.................Ski, please let us know how they are.

Unfortunately, I only have my personal experience with SAC stuff to go on, and that is NOT at all good to say the least. My fear is that if the SAC OV-10 gear is anything like their previous sets, they are very soft (sometimes even softer than the OOB stuff) and tend to bend more readily than the stock plastic.

This could be especially true with the Bronco gear having such a cantilevered effect, it could be really bad.   Its tempting, but with just as much or more experience with G-Factor stuff, Im very inclined to wait for Ernie's set.

Well, crap, shoulda bough ONE set, then! I'll take pics and do a quick review on here for any interested parties. If I remember correctly, I used their gear on my big A-4M, and they are indeed a bit soft. Hopefully they're an improvement enough over the kit supplied gear, but I'll still keep my eyes peeled for the G Factor product. Thanks for the insight!

Semper,

Ski

Harold...

Is your mk4 cannon pod available? Saw a pic of a bronco with one loaded that looked sweet.

MM

Hi Mike, not right now.

I am re-working the louvers. I didn't like the originals,

Edited by Harold

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to Matt/DoogsATX now heads up on new mask set for the OV-10 from Eduard. Per Hannants, Eduard is set to release a whole series of 1/32nd OV-10 stuff.............hopefully soon to arrive at SB.com as well. Looks like all are slated for an April 2015 release:

North-American/Rockwell OV-10D Bronco interior 1/32

North-American/Rockwell OV-10D Bronco seatbelts

North-American/Rockwell OV-10D Bronco (Masks?)

North-American/Rockwell OV-10D Bronco exterior

Edited by Out2gtcha

As Matt mentioned, its REALLY nice to see Eduard give the new tool KH 1/32nd kits some love!   These will definitely be a good addition to my personal OV-10A forthcoming at some point in the future...............

However, after this news, as well as the news from Ernie at G-Factor about some nice white brass gear, Im still waiting for a super accurate and detailed resin interior, possibly with some nice seats to go with it.  :hmmm:

Aires, are you listening??

Edited by Out2gtcha

Not the greatest of news on the resin IP front from Aires.  Everything I had deemed "necessary" after now building 1.5 of these kits has or will come to fruition..........................except the cockpit. :(

The OOB cockpit is ok, but there are some obvious limitations to OOB IM technology, as well as a happy medium between making a nice kit that people can afford, and getting max/accurate detail in the kit.

So the long and short of the response from Aires was this:

"Hello Brian,

this is not in planned now.

S pozdravem/ best regards

David Lajer

Sales manager"

:hmmm:  Hrmmmmm. Ok then, looks like Aires wont be a player for this much needed AM.  Sooooooooooo...............

Harold,

I know it would be a lot of work but with all that glazing, and with the upcoming OV-10A that most people seem to gravitate to, this could be a REAL showcase for what can be done in resin.  The case to be made for supreme accuracy is great on this one, as I really think this one deserves a REALLY nice AM cockpit.

Would an AM cockpit for the OV-10A be something that AMS might consider tackling??

Edited by Out2gtcha

That's very unfortunate. Really hope someone else steps up if Harold/AMS doesn't either. Wolfpack and Avionix seem to also make 1/32 modern era cockpits, have you tried them as well?

No I hanvt. I wasnt sure if an OV-10 pit would have been in their wheel house. You are right in that they do seem to do more modern/jet stuff.................

I wasnt sure it would even be something they would want to produce as it didnt really seem to be their era.

If this is not something that Harald/AMS would want to tackle, do you think either of those two companies would be interested?