Kitty Hawk OV-10 AM products

Out2gtcha

Oh I have no idea. I've never dealt with any of them (or Aires) directly.

Me either. I think we obviously have a better "in" with AMS considering the owner of the company is one of us, but I know it would be some amount of work, so I wasnt sure who would be good candidates either as I have never had contact with either of those companies as well.

I personally think this would be a HUGE seller..........................As I mentioned, the OOB cockpit is not bad, but its not 100% accurate nor super detailed. I just think that unlike some models, any and ALL work put into an AM pit for the OV-10s, would be able to have every corner shown off with all that glazing.   

I can dream. 

Guest Clunkmeister

A full cockpit might keep Harold busy for a full month!
My D got here yesterday.
I'd like a cockpit for it, though, along with the wheels and all kinds of underslung noise making goodies.

Edited by Clunkmeister

A full cockpit might keep Harold busy for a full month!

My D got here yesterday.

I'd like a cockpit for it, though, along with the wheels and all kinds of underslung noise making goodies.

Haha, a MONTH!.

I wish.

By the time I got finished with a set, all the kits will be built or the modelers moved on to a new kit.

I did a little work on the wing tanks in between pouring resin.  I have the main body and the nose looking ok so far. The tail cone and the fins are next. The separate cone is going to be used for the tail section, cut about in half and the longer cone for the fins will be added.

IMG_1437_zpsdfjiqnsb.jpg

IMG_1437_zpsdfjiqnsb.jpg

IMG_1430_zpsmnt2f11q.jpg

Really great news Harold...........

Those tanks look awesome!!!!

On a second front, NOT so great news..............................I just got a response back from Eduard:

Petra Šolcová (Eduard Support)

Mar 20, 11:52

Dear Mr. Leitch,

I am afraid, the last info from our production manager says that we do not plan to produce a cocpit for this kit at the moment.

I am sorry for bad news.

Have a nice weekend.

Petra Solcova

Well @#*%!!!!!! Looks like NO ONE is going to tackle a cockpit for this thing. :crying:

That is indeed a shame, as I think the KH OV-10s would have been a TOTAL showcase for a good resin manufacturer. I can understand the amount of work it would be, especially for a smaller company like Harold's, but I would have though at least 1 of the major companies would do it.

Im quite bummed, myself. Im not a huge scratch builder, but do have the capability I think.............I just know it would never be as good as something that a professional could put out, which just makes me down.

Crap. :BANGHEAD2:

Edited by Out2gtcha

Really great news Harold...........

Those tanks look awesome!!!!

On a second front, NOT so great news..............................I just got a response back from Eduard:

Well @#*%!!!!!!       Looks like NO ONE is going to tackle a cockpit for this thing.     :crying:   

That is indeed a shame, as I think the KH OV-10s would have been a TOTAL showcase for a good resin manufacturer.  I can understand the amount of work it would be, especially for a smaller company like Harold's, but I would have though at least 1 of the major companies would do it. 

Im quite bummed, myself.  Im not a huge scratch builder, but do have the capability I think.............I just know it would never be as good as something that a professional could put out, which just makes me down.

Crap.   :BANGHEAD2:

What a shame.

I know I could do it, but I can't pour resin and work on one of these. If â€‹I had someone doing the grunt work, I could considerate on making masters.