Kitty Hawk OV-10 AM products

Out2gtcha

For anyone else like me who is interested in modeling Vietnam combat aircraft, I believe that VMO-6 scheme labeled as Vietnam dates from later when they were stationed in Japan. VMO-6 had departed Vietnam in 1969 and 155405 as shown was transferred from VMO-6 as a replacement aircraft to VAL-4 in 1971 who were in Vietnam then. 155405 in VMO-6 markings was photographed at the time of its receipt/transfer into VAL-4 (155405 became overall grey Black Pony 111). So that scheme was "in" Vietnam though not a combat scheme with VMO-6. VMO-6 Vietnam markings were the usual "bland" standard Marine scheme.

• 2 weeks later...

Been working on this since the idea of the OV-10A existed in 1/32, and also will be releasing in 1/72 for all the Academy kits.

Gauranteed not to please all but the vast majority of the sheet covers VAL-4 Black Ponies. Sheet also include two schemes (same aircraft, different periods) from VS-41 who were related to VAL-4 as they handled the crew/personnel training. Also included is one VMO-6 aircraft as their aircraft appeared in Vietnam. The 1971 VMO-6 scheme was also drawn but since removed after seeing it was going to be on other 1/32 sheet (it will be on the 1/72 sheet though). Black Pony 106 is also repeated here (twice) though since it still needs to be covered.

32004d.jpg

What a shame.

I know I could do it, but I can't pour resin and work on one of these. If â€‹I had someone doing the grunt work, I could considerate on making masters.  

I believe you ! Last time i wanted to make an order at Sprue Brothers, all of the AMS products i wanted to order were out of stock... So i did not order anything. (the only other item i needed was a decal set). You need little elves to help you pouring resin !

I believe you ! Last time i wanted to make an order at Sprue Brothers, all of the AMS products i wanted to order were out of stock... So i did not order anything. (the only other item i needed was a decal set). You need little elves to help you pouring resin !

I REALLY, REALLY need help. I can't keep up with re-stock and make new goodies at the same time. I haven't added any new items for several months now. I think I have almost 15 new resin sets, but will not send them until I can get caught up on what is out of stock right now.

Been working on this since the idea of the OV-10A existed in 1/32, and also will be releasing in 1/72 for all the Academy kits.

Gauranteed not to please all but the vast majority of the sheet covers VAL-4 Black Ponies. Sheet also include two schemes (same aircraft, different periods) from VS-41 who were related to VAL-4 as they handled the crew/personnel training. Also included is one VMO-6 aircraft as their aircraft appeared in Vietnam. The 1971 VMO-6 scheme was also drawn but since removed after seeing it was going to be on other 1/32 sheet (it will be on the 1/72 sheet though). Black Pony 106 is also repeated here (twice) though since it still needs to be covered.

32004d.jpg

Those look outstanding Steve!

Will Sprue Bro's carry these? Also, When will they have stock?

Yes eventually. I won't get them back from the printers myself until May sometime. They can also be ordered direct (http://www.AOAdecals.com) with free shipping within the US.

I posted more information on the sheet in seperate thread in the vendor sub-forum, profiles included:

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=55711

A question for you people who have built the kit. Are the decals so awful to handle as some in here point out?

Yes and no. Yes they are a handful and require a LOT of patience, as well as knowing what you are getting into prior to applying them. They do let go RIGHT away when put into room temperature water. Im talkin RIGHT away...................on both of my OOB OV-10D decal sheets the decals let go from the backing after 5-10 seconds in the water. They are very thin as well. This means if your not ready, they will fold under on themselves.

You also need a LOT of water under them. The carrier is broken up around some of the lettering and artwork, so there are a lot of edges, and places for the decals to fold over on themselves............just be ready as without said water they will and do stick. If you try to move them after an edge is stuck, they will tear.

Now, having said all that...................No they are not, as if you know what and how they are, the decals themselves lay over a glossy surface VERY nicely, they conform to all curves with some MSol or Solvaset, and after applying a covering clear, the carrier almost completely disappears.

Edited by Out2gtcha

POW! Thanks for the heads-up! Ordered.

(got burned when the new Wolfpack CH-53E set sold out in a few days, so not letting that happen again)

You to,   I got burned at Sprue Bros, and Lucky models  for the same set :frantic: