Kitty Hawk OV-10D Bronco VMO-4

Out2gtcha

Zach, Maru, thanks for the kind words.

Today I pulled the OV-10D out of the cabinet and masked off and shot the green anti-glare coating. I wanted to make sure this was applied before any RFI shots were taken, or before  I took the OV-10 to any shows.

I was nicely surprised to find that it added another little splash of color, to an already fairly colorful scheme. Its not perfect, but with a bit of polishing, it came out nice I think. Polishing the acrylic made the surface very smooth, and extremely shiny after the green was applied:

DSC04045.jpg

DSC04047.jpg

DSC04049.jpg

DSC04050.jpg

Thanks again to all of you guys for stopping in and hope to have your input on the OV-10A.

Cheers all!

Edited by Out2gtcha

Oliver, Brandon, thanks for the kind words, and stopping in on me.  Im thinking the A will be really no different to build than the D was save some differences in the observers pit, as well as the obvious stuff like the nose, exhaust and props.

Im hoping to have a decent start on the OV-10A this week. Im also HOPING I can get some RFI shots taken of this thing soon. We have 8 - 10 inches of snow on the ground ATM, and are expecting another 3 - 4 between today and tomorrow so might have to wait a bit, or bite the bullet and take some RFIs inside.................

Cheers all!

You did it Brian, and did it in style !Just fantastic. But one question, are those dust bits on the glass in scale ? :whistle:  Thanks for the dance........Harv :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :punk:

Thanks again guys, Im overall happy with how it turned out.

Harv,

Yes they are!   :lol: I TRIED AND TRIED to get rid of those with every means known to man, and I did lessen them a bit, but couldn't get rid of them. I was a bit disappointed, in that, since it adds to my woes about the windscreen overall.............

The windscreen makes up 90% of all my problems with this build, including getting CA between the screen and the IP, (single) cracking the starboard side, and having spider-webbing cracks on the port side, the dust bits just make those all the more noticeable, but there is not a whole lot I can do about it now, so Im not that worried about it.

Considering HOW many issues I had with the windscreen it could look a WHOLE LOT worse than it does, so Im taking it as a lessons learned to carry on to my next two OV-10s.

Thanks again all!

Thanks Justin.

We got 10" of snow the day before yesterday, and another 4" today, so its not been RFI weather out. I normally like outside/natural light for my RFIs, but its been "Canada" type winter weather out as of late. Im just waiting to get some decent NON windy NON snowy days.

Im hoping sooner than later!!!!   I may have to bite the bullet and take some inside RFIs.  :( Ill wait and see in the next week or so.