Kitty Hawk OV-10D Bronco VMO-4

Out2gtcha

OOooooooo! Nice. Exactly what I was waiting for, and in April, too. Thanks for the heads-up!

I'm definitely doing a MCAS New River group-build-for-one this year (working on the CH-53E now).

BTW, if you so inclined, since I have already done my D, and will likely not be doing another, I accidentally ordered both the Eduard PE color interior and PE exterior sets for the OV-10D if you interested.

See HERE.   Cheaper than SB.com

BTW, if you so inclined, since I have already done my D, and will likely not be doing another, I accidentally ordered both the Eduard PE color interior and PE exterior sets for the OV-10D if you interested.

See HERE.   Cheaper than SB.com

Thanks! If I hadn't already bought two sets from SB, I would take you up on your offer. Ah, well. 

• 1 month later...

Thanks guys........it is INDEED a great little kit!!!!! The OV-10A builds just as well. Just watch the boom attachment to the wing. Both the D and the A kits are (or WILL be with the A models impending release) really stellar values for the money.

Our own Harold of AMS is working on some great seats, observers IP, and some smaller cockpit details.

• 1 year later...

A thoroughly enjoyable read Brian.

Only wish I had found this before I started mine.

Well done on a fine result.

Thanks man!  They are really great kits for what you pay, and I found very few niggles with the OV-10 series.  Some may argue that point, as we each have our own version of what is most problematic on a kit.  

For the money, this one needs very little IMHO.   However we are all STILL waiting for the @#$ing G-Factor gear!   The KHM OV-10s need Ernie Gs brass gear more than any other kit ive ever worked on.

Ernie tells me that the gear is still on target for this year, hopefully before summer ends.

Thanks man!  They are really great kits for what you pay, and I found very few niggles with the OV-10 series.  Some may argue that point, as we each have our own version of what is most problematic on a kit.  

For the money, this one needs very little IMHO.   However we are all STILL waiting for the @#$ing G-Factor gear!   The KHM OV-10s need Ernie Gs brass gear more than any other kit ive ever worked on.

Ernie tells me that the gear is still on target for this year, hopefully before summer ends.

Agreed, great subject. It's not without its issues (few kits are) but with a bit of thought and care, it goes together pretty well.

I was a bit of an idiot and broke one of my canopy parts, I contacted KHM and for the cost of shipping only sent me a whole new sprue! Top marks to KHM for their after sales service!

• 3 months later...